aberdeen-music

New Point of Origin Demo Up

Oedo 808

Nice tune Bob. I love the vocal harmonies - you guys do that better than anyone IMO. Cool cresendo as well. I'm all about the big finish.

We're away to record a song with "Part 2" at the end. I thought we were really smart with that, but now it's just going to look like we copied you.

Guest Gladstone
Nice tune Bob. I love the vocal harmonies - you guys do that better than anyone IMO. Cool cresendo as well. I'm all about the big finish.

We're away to record a song with "Part 2" at the end. I thought we were really smart with that, but now it's just going to look like we copied you.

Call it "Part B"!

Genius.

Pretty good stuff, really. I like the music muchly, and the vocal harmonies and such are really quality. The lead singer's voice sort of irritates me, though, and I'm not mad on some of the lyrics. Otherwise, I like it. You releasing anything? I'd buy it.

Thanks very much. The original plan was to put out the four tracks as a free download in December of 2009, so we've missed that date quite massively. Hopefully the mastered versions will be available and yours to keep very shortly.

You guys got any dates down in Glasgow planned ?

We were offered some dates but couldn't take them due to work commitments. We are looking to organise some gig swaps in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

bob never had nasal vocals when he sang with us in the hen hoose that night :D

sitting on a sat morning with little else to do....

for me, the music arrangement doesn't really have much in the way of a hook for the most part. It's exectued reasonably well but the monotone type lead vocal doesn't work well imo, only when the lead vocal goes up a notch and has the effort behind it; the song grabs you a bit more.

that clean guitar on the chorus sounds a bit strange/off kilter/out of mix; not sure if you meant that

it's not bad, but I reckon you guys are capable of much better like that "i found you" tune in yer last band. is this the first "comeback" type song?

bob never had nasal vocals when he sang with us in the hen hoose that night :D

Aye, you realise this one isn't my lead? It's Ryan's.

that clean guitar on the chorus sounds a bit strange/off kilter/out of mix; not sure if you meant that

Probably not.

is this the first "comeback" type song?

It's the first new recording since we started playing again together. There's three more to come.

I reckon you guys are capable of much better like that "i found you" tune in yer last band.

I'll take that as a backhanded compliment since I wrote that one. ;)

Aye, you realise this one isn't my lead? It's Ryan's.

Probably not.

It's the first new recording since we started playing again together. There's three more to come.

I'll take that as a backhanded compliment since I wrote that one. ;)

aaaaaaah, sorry Bob!

Having read that back it sounds really negative, it wasn't meant to. More, nae bad but reckon you lads are capable of writing much better harmonies/melodies etc I actually went back and listened to that Stayover song "I found you", its a belter (other than that shoddy Dr Drakes bit :p )