aberdeen-music

Feelings while playing live??

SooperKeef

I think 'da scene' up here has changed quite a lot over the past 8-10 years and some of the energy about local gigs and a sense of occasion/communion/etc has been swallowed up in the translation, and there are too many underdeveloped bands playing piss poor gigs in too many venues with not all that many people coming through the door. For me, playing in front of the same pocketful of people in the same old places with no fun and no money became downright depressing after a while.

With a handful of exceptions, it is really quite dire at this level just now.

:down:

This. Being up there doing the set on stage is fine and dandy, and that side of things will always take care of itself. All the other bollocks that's involved with gigging I really can't be fucked with nowadays. Da Punx are always the first to piss and moan about how there's fuck all happening and how shit "the scene" is but they're also always the last to get up off their scruffy arses and do something themselves. Still, negative apathy's punk, innit? Maybe if they started creating something and didn't sit around waiting for someone to entertain them (assuming the cunts actually paid to get in in the first place instead of slithering around with their carry-outs just outside the venue) the scene wouldn't be quite so "shit". And maybe "the punk scene" will be more than just a handy fig-leaf for their drink and drug dependency...

It's like everything in life, you get out what you put in. And if you don't actively support the scene, don't complain when you discover one day that there isn't one left.

"We hate the Brew Crew"

:down:

• Upvote 1

Guest Bob Double Jack

i love playing live, it's the dogs baws. got nervous up to about 15 years ago, but not anymore. Best thing I did was stop drinking before playing - the 2 don't mix!

mistakes - who cares ! as long as they're not too bad, laugh it off and keep going. and don't stop and restart the tune ,.