aberdeen-music

Good jobs/bad jobs

I've never had a bad job. I've enjoyed and disliked all of them at some point but at the same time i've been able to go home at the end of the day and enjoy being with my mates or girlfriend and leave any work related stuff behind. It's great. Yes, i might not get paid big money but i have job satisfaction and i work with one of my best mates. I'm not sure i could replicate all that with a high paid job.

I've never had a bad job. I've enjoyed and disliked all of them at some point but at the same time i've been able to go home at the end of the day and enjoy being with my mates or girlfriend and leave any work related stuff behind. It's great. Yes, i might not get paid big money but i have job satisfaction and i work with one of my best mates. I'm not sure i could replicate all that with a high paid job.

On reflection, I actually feel the same about my jobs.

Good post. Good, upbeat, post.

Are you one of these guys?

clerks-793701.jpg

• 5 months later...

Best: Working as a bar jockey down at the Cove Bay Hotel... ace banter with some of the customers, magic buzz on a saturday afternoon when the football teams came rolling through the doors and you were busy til the end of your shift (also served as a bad job as when it was quiet, it was just too quiet).

Also: F&B, great bunch of people just a shame I couldn't get the hours.

Still waiting for my best job ever :(

Worst: working in the bakers back home when I was a younger. Just pretty repetitive with horrible managers who expected you to know what you were doing when things changed from one day to the next. Going in during Xmas was the worst, managers just got uber stressed and kicked off, shouting and swearing at you at the drop of a hat. Merry Xmas eh?

Primark: one word: ARGH. just awful, boring repetitive work that bores the absolute hell outta me. Got my appraisal saying that I look disinterested whilst at work. Sorry, I don't intend for Primark to be my career choice you bunch of fangitas! You'd think they'd have that worked out by now.

Primark: one word: ARGH. just awful, boring repetitive work that bores the absolute hell outta me. Got my appraisal saying that I look disinterested whilst at work. Sorry, I don't intend for Primark to be my career choice you bunch of fangitas! You'd think they'd have that worked out by now.

Does Primark give staff discount? That must mean basically getting clothes for fuck all.

Guest Bob Knob
Got my appraisal saying that I look disinterested whilst at work. Sorry, I don't intend for Primark to be my career choice you bunch of fangitas! You'd think they'd have that worked out by now.

Fair enough but I can't stand going into a shop and being served by a sour faced cunt who looks like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards :laughing:

I once temped for an evangelical religious group whose mission statement is to messianise jews. Jews for Jesus.

My boss was Ned Flanders, except instead of 'oakley dokely', he'd say 'cooooool'.

Best quote, overheard on phone:

"Well, I don't know why he's goin' out there. They're already saved out there."

Both the best and worst job I can imagine.

I once temped for an evangelical religious group whose mission statement is to messianise jews. Jews for Jesus.

My boss was Ned Flanders, except instead of 'oakley dokely', he'd say 'cooooool'.

Best quote, overheard on phone:

"Well, I don't know why he's goin' out there. They're already saved out there."

Both the best and worst job I can imagine.

I cannot see a downside to this job, definitely my dream job.

I cannot see a downside to this job, definitely my dream job.

Well, breaktimes avoiding 'the conversation' in preference to a nicking out for a fag were difficult though I wish I'd stuck with the nicotine withdrawl so I could have found their angle on me. Like, do I need to convert to Judiasm first before they'd express an interest or... do they have a side line in straight atheist conversion, kind of like how Gap also run Banana Republic?

• 1 month later...

Well I'll update mine:

Best: Temping in a oil service company for 4 days - was meant to be a receptionist, got put through to purchasing instead, super chuffed! Second best, working in a bar just outta aberdeen. Super chat with the locals, really miss it actually.

Worst: I used to say the bakers... but I managed to stick it for 3 years of my life so couldn't have been that bad. By far, Primark: the job - the soul destroying nature of the job, folding clothes up over and over, only for the members of the public to come up and completely make a mess used to make me lose it. No one spoke to you, there was sometimes a language barrier between you and the managers who were difficult to understand and got decisively frustrated when you misheard what they said - classic example: skirts and scarves. Finally, I've had OCD for the past month, all brought on since working in there, so bad, I'm contemplating seeking counselling or getting medication. And there's no talent... The next time you think on taking a job in there... just keep walking. You will find something better people, I swear! (If you must work in there, make sure you're open minded and have a damn good sense of humour!)

Well I'll update mine:

Best: Temping in a oil service company for 4 days - was meant to be a receptionist, got put through to purchasing instead, super chuffed! Second best, working in a bar just outta aberdeen. Super chat with the locals, really miss it actually.

Worst: I used to say the bakers... but I managed to stick it for 3 years of my life so couldn't have been that bad. By far, Primark: the job - the soul destroying nature of the job, folding clothes up over and over, only for the members of the public to come up and completely make a mess used to make me lose it. No one spoke to you, there was sometimes a language barrier between you and the managers who were difficult to understand and got decisively frustrated when you misheard what they said - classic example: skirts and scarves. Finally, I've had OCD for the past month, all brought on since working in there, so bad, I'm contemplating seeking counselling or getting medication. And there's no talent... The next time you think on taking a job in there... just keep walking. You will find something better people, I swear! (If you must work in there, make sure you're open minded and have a damn good sense of humour!)

Well done on your new job but this is the sixth time you've mentioned Primark in this thread...

Primark does appraisals?? :laughing:

They weren't that organised when I worked there some years ago.

Unfortunately Primark is not the worst job I've ever had.