aberdeen-music

Good jobs/bad jobs

I did the 'People's Elbow' on some kid at school. I was meant to just hit his shoulder, but he moved and I planted him right in the mouth. I can just about take anyone now.

This drunk guy shoulder barged my (female) friend and then called her a fat hoor. I turned round and shouted something incredibly witty like "what's your fucking problem?" and he put his head down and ran at me. Somehow by total luck I managed to use his own momentum against him and I suplexed him right over my head and onto the concrete. No idea how I did it.

This drunk guy shoulder barged my (female) friend and then called her a fat hoor. I turned round and shouted something incredibly witty like "what's your fucking problem?" and he put his head down and ran at me. Somehow by total luck I managed to use his own momentum against him and I suplexed him right over my head and onto the concrete. No idea how I did it.

Heroic. You could have also opted for the Stunner if you'd have turned around in time. I think the idea of smashing someones face into your own shoulder is a stroke of genius.

Wrestling moves arn't funny.. I got tombstoned years ago.....my neck still makes a crunching sound..damn WWF....back in the day......I actually found Royal Rumble III on tape that I taped as a young kid back in the early early days of Sky cable hehe.

would have been 1991....I always remember that horrible fucking seatbelt advert...*Shudders*

both my best and worst job is the one i have just now as a supervisor in a co-op.

it's the best job i've had purely for the other people i used to work with and the fantastic chat with (some) customers. some people i've met while working there were the best i've ever met in aberdeen. as well as some utterly amazing drunks/awful shoplifters.

worst job i've had because of the fact that most of these amazing people have left and have been replaced with a confederacy of fucktards. and most of the funny customers have left. for example, tonight, just before i closed the shop, a man was standing just beside the exit/entrance doors. i was looking around to see if i could lock up and if he was the only customer left in the shop. he then turns his back to me, takes a dodgy as hell looking bag out of his jacket pocket and does what i can only assume is sniff some coke off his hand. i say assume, when the police arrived to arrest him 10 minutes later, they told me that's what it was. ah, the joys.

Worst job : barman in The Forum. The ordinary staff were nice, but with a supervisor with an attitude problem and zero customer skills alongside a manager who was suffering a serious case of self importance, it was hell. Then you'd get all the arseholes on corporate functions - the worst was Cornerstone, who ran up a 6000 quid bar tab on some big Charity lovefest where they could all feel important about themselves - yet they treated us like crap. You'd think that they would leave a nice tip to be shared out - did they fuck. I had to stop myself from questioning why a charity was spending 6000 on a bar tab in one evening. About the only saving grace was realising after over a month that the "tonic" button on the gun wasn't tonic at all, but rather some sort of rancid water/co2 mix. Not one person complained, mind you!

Best job : the job I'm doing now. I teach Business English 15 hours a week and I have my own company dealing with translations to/from interesting languages and helping foreigners, along with providing some teachers. It's hard in some respects, especially when the bureaucracy is mind-bogglingly stupid - but all in all, it's really enjoyable. The only real difficult part is the hours - teaching first thing in the morning isn't easy when it's -15c outside and there's snow on the ground. But my office is painted a nice shade of bright green, it's located smack bang in the centre of the city, I don't pay much for it, and I share our part of the building with some really nice graphic designers - really can't complain.

Worst and best would both be working as a waiter.

Best Restaraunt= definatley my current job in la bamba, it can be crazy hard work when its busy and full of drunks, but it is really fun, i've never worked anywhere before where you are alowed to get up on the tables and dance with the customers.

worst restaraunt = creperie jaques - shit owners, useless management, wank customers.

Worst job : barman in The Forum. The ordinary staff were nice, but with a supervisor with an attitude problem and zero customer skills alongside a manager who was suffering a serious case of self importance, it was hell. Then you'd get all the arseholes on corporate functions - the worst was Cornerstone, who ran up a 6000 quid bar tab on some big Charity lovefest where they could all feel important about themselves - yet they treated us like crap. You'd think that they would leave a nice tip to be shared out - did they fuck. I had to stop myself from questioning why a charity was spending 6000 on a bar tab in one evening. About the only saving grace was realising after over a month that the "tonic" button on the gun wasn't tonic at all, but rather some sort of rancid water/co2 mix. Not one person complained, mind you!

Best job : the job I'm doing now. I teach Business English 15 hours a week and I have my own company dealing with translations to/from interesting languages and helping foreigners, along with providing some teachers. It's hard in some respects, especially when the bureaucracy is mind-bogglingly stupid - but all in all, it's really enjoyable. The only real difficult part is the hours - teaching first thing in the morning isn't easy when it's -15c outside and there's snow on the ground. But my office is painted a nice shade of bright green, it's located smack bang in the centre of the city, I don't pay much for it, and I share our part of the building with some really nice graphic designers - really can't complain.

You forgot to say Poland a couple of times...

:up:

• Upvote 1

Worst and best would both be working as a waiter.

Best Restaraunt= definatley my current job in la bamba, it can be crazy hard work when its busy and full of drunks, but it is really fun, i've never worked anywhere before where you are alowed to get up on the tables and dance with the customers.

worst restaraunt = creperie jaques - shit owners, useless management, wank customers.

I thought you were at Prime Cuts right now? Geez boy, you go through jobs at some rate.

Worst was definitely The Bobbin. It was normally busy and therefore tiring and the pay was ridiculous, like 4.80 or something, and I just didn't have good enough "banter" for the other staff members. I often have nothing at all to say you see, which leads to most of what I say being utter shite. There were some great lads too like Davy from Crashdown: loon.

Banter... no, just no.

Best: working for Banchory Contractors as a labourer for the summer of 2008 was fucking ace. I just lifted granite and broke stuff. Absolutely ace. The chat was predominantly centered around speaking bollocks as well which suited me perfectly. On rainy days we would smoke fags all day and get paid. My current job at the University of Aberdeen is pretty sweet also. Good pay and short hours, great.

Best: Working in a video-game store. Other than the onset of mid-twenties, postgraduate angst that forced me out into the 'real' world, it was great. Good staff, even the manager who was a sound as fuck, Scottish twee-pop and alt-country fan who had an encyclopedic knowledge of incredible VHS era horror movies and pulp sci-fi novels. Most of the customers were cool and the ones who weren't got mocked relentlessly once we got to the staff room. Good discounts too.

Worst: A temp job for the 'Cooncil'. Some nice people, but the management were grey, depressing numbers driven morons and the department I was in meant I was privvy to a deluge of depressing, heart-crushing life stories, chancing minky fucks and people who I actually sided with screaming down the phone, but feeling I had to tow the party line because I was new to this who office thing and wanted to keep my job to build my CV. Fuck. When I think of that job I think in monochrome.

Best: Working in a video-game store. Other than the onset of mid-twenties, postgraduate angst that forced me out into the 'real' world, it was great. Good staff, even the manager who was a sound as fuck, Scottish twee-pop and alt-country fan who had an encyclopedic knowledge of incredible VHS era horror movies and pulp sci-fi novels. Most of the customers were cool and the ones who weren't got mocked relentlessly once we got to the staff room. Good discounts too.

Worst: A temp job for the 'Cooncil'. Some nice people, but the management were grey, depressing numbers driven morons and the department I was in meant I was privvy to a deluge of depressing, heart-crushing life stories, chancing minky fucks and people who I actually sided with screaming down the phone, but feeling I had to tow the party line because I was new to this who office thing and wanted to keep my job to build my CV. Fuck. When I think of that job I think in monochrome.

working in game would be up there for me actually, easiest job i ever had and got cheap games! if they were taking on fulltime staff when i left college i'd probably still be there.

Didn't hppen to work in Crown House did you?