aberdeen-music

Converting to MP3's

Alphas

Think I may be missing something quite obvious as I'm sure I've done this before. My band recently recorded a demo and I'm trying to get the tracks off the CD and onto our myspace page. They are on the CD as a CDA format and I'm trying to save them off the CD onto my laptop as a MP3's but struggling to do this. I have saved them onto itunes but it isn't letting me burn a MP3 CD for some reason so does anyone have any suggestions?

I've ran a search on Google and there were plenty of downloads for MP3 converters but I'm certain I've converted files before without one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

There's an option in iTunes that allows you to burn from CD in mp3 format. In Settings or Options or something like that. I'm also sure you can write click on the track in iTunes and click 'create mp3 version' or something similar!

Apologies for vagueness, nowhere near iTunes at the mo!

You'll need to check in Edit> Preferences, under the general tab there is a button "Import Settings" click that and check that "Import Using" is set to MP3 Encoder. This will allow you to convert to MP3 and burn MP3 Discs. I don't think the setting shows up if it is using the AAC Encoder.

• Upvote 1

You'll need to check in Edit> Preferences, under the general tab there is a button "Import Settings" click that and check that "Import Using" is set to MP3 Encoder. This will allow you to convert to MP3 and burn MP3 Discs. I don't think the setting shows up if it is using the AAC Encoder.

Exactly this. Only takes seconds for iTunes to make the mp3 version.