aberdeen-music

deadenstereo - free download single

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Just here to announce the release of the new deadenstereo single.

Darn, i hear you cry - "Must i travel all the way to OneUp to part with my hard earned cash for a slice of a band I've vaguely heard of, in the vain hope it will be any good?"

NO!

singlefrontsmall.jpg

For the new deadenstereo single ("The Ideas We Have of God") is available for free for download from our website. We've also included some artwork (which has the lyrics on it) so you can print it out and make your own deadenstereo cd.

The track has a slightly more complex feel to it than some of other work, but has, as always, a huge chorus. If it helps, it is the second song we play in our live set.

Anyway, go to www.deadenstereo.co.uk and then to the downloads page.

Hope at least some of you like it....

Craig

Guest stuartmaxwell

hmmm i like this, nice intro, the vocal could be louder, nice addition of keys (strings could be very cool), i hear a get up kids song in the bridge

the chorus is short and snappy, sounds a bit samey as the rest of your stuff mind you,

i would like to see you experiment a bit more, i.e. break away from verse, bridge, anthemic chorus, verse etc

sounds similar-ash/feeder/manics

For something a little different, try the split single with Stigma in OneUp.... Although, we are a pop band you know.

We've never been called a disco band before either, that's a new one (unlike radiohead, which is our no. 1 comparison)

As for gigs, there are rumours of us coming up to the Moorings in August, but nothing is sorted yet.

Unless any kind promoter souls are looking for a band?

Craig

p.s - track trivia number 1 - the song did have a solo which was ripped off of the intro to "rock you like a hurricane" by the Scorpions, but this was cut.

Awesome - looks like we've sold two singles, doubling our previous release! The Jihad on Jazz Records business plan is working at full capacity...

However Stuart, due to your requests for "something a little different", go back to the site and download the new b-side - Axis of Evil.

The rear cover artwork has been changed slightly too.....

Deadenstereo - giving the people what they want to hear...

Craig

www.deadenstereo.co.uk, then downloads.

First review, courtesy of rippingtracks.com

artist: Deadenstereo

from Edinburgh United Kingdom

track: The Ideas We Have Of God

Genre: Rock

Definite flavours of Radiohead in this track from Edinburgh-based Deadenstereo, but they have a twist all of their own. It's got a raw sound that gives them a freshness. The song muses on the fact that we are alone as a race: there is no supreme deity about to whisk us off to fairy land at the end of this life. Soaring melodic vocals buried behind dirty and downright aggressive up front guitars, drumming that's wild and loose without ever losing the plot, Deadenstereo have a sound that's assuredly contemporary and very much of the here and now. A&R guys from cool underground indie labels should surely be sniffing around these fellows in the hope of bringing us 'the next big thing'. There's certainly an afterlife for these fellows whatever they might think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviewed by: gordon 15 July 2004

Link: http://www.skunkweb.com/rippingtracks?trackid=2004A7B15C6D35

I think I'm going to get Thom Yorke's gurning mug tattooed on my arse ;P

Guest stuartmaxwell

ha ha ha

at least you are getting great reviews, thom yorke or not :p

you going to cafe royal on friday jon??senator laeto and spyamp are playing

think i may be going to the baby tiger night on sat too, plan a and degrassi are apparently playing

prob be a drunken weekend :D

The Daily Rangers says 'yes' to deadenstereo ;P

Nice little mention in yesterday's Record - I'm all overcome...

and, it must be said, mightily hungover, no thanks to Stuart and Gordon of Orwell fame (I hope work is proving as painful for you as it is for me!)

I'm going to join in with the "it sounds a bit like Radiohead" point of view. The quality on the verses is nice...very unclutered. When kicks in to the chorus though it sounds a bit of a muddle mix-wise. This could be a combination of cheapy PC speakers and the fact it's a MP3 so I'll try it on the big ol' headphones later.

EDIT: Forgot to say nice track! I am interested in getting a CD now.

Guest pop-notmyface

mmmh, that reminds me, ive never finished the review on you guys at drakes aaaages ago! i was lost for words to describe stereo, but i DID get a funny jedi review written down... :rolleyes:

I'm going to join in with the "it sounds a bit like Radiohead" point of view. The quality on the verses is nice...very unclutered. When kicks in to the chorus though it sounds a bit of a muddle mix-wise. This could be a combination of cheapy PC speakers and the fact it's a MP3 so I'll try it on the big ol' headphones later.

EDIT: Forgot to say nice track! I am interested in getting a CD now.

Yeah, the chorus is a bit muddy. But it was a cheap "new engineer" recording deal.

As for a cd, there are some in OneUp

Craig