aberdeen-music

Getting old photos scanned

Wanderer

I have some old family photos ranging from the late 1800s to the 1970s and would like them scanned and digitised where could i get this done, there are about 1000 of them and they have a lot of sentimental value. Price is no object

depends what you're looking for, are you just wanting them on a disc at a good enough resolution to see on a screen or for printing? do you want them restored as well?

Well if money's no object then I'm sure you can pay somebody to do it, but it'll cost loads more than just doing it yourself.

I'm well aware of this....... That is why I asked if anyone knew where I could get it done

The question was not 'where can i buy a scanner' or 'how do i get them scanned'

The question was WHERE CAN I GET THIS DONE 'most' people would read the original post and 'understand' that.

I'm well aware of this....... That is why I asked if anyone knew where I could get it done

The question was WHERE CAN I GET THIS DONE 'most' people would read the original post and 'understand' that.

Just a hunch, but I think the number of helpful replies you are going to receive is going to drop sharply now.

:up:

jrhartley1983.jpg:up:

• Upvote 1

I have the ability to scan up to A3 size - Is this sufficent? If so I could scan in each of the 1,000 photos. I can scan them at a high resolution and number them in a logcal way or however you see fit. I can save them to a DVD ready to print. I would treat them with the upmost care. I could turn it around in a few weeks. I can guarantee you the highest standard of scan and would even do some minor colour correction.

PM me if you're interested and we can talk about money - as a ball park we're talking in the realms of a few hundred as opposed to a few quid here!

Or there is the option of going online and trying one of the places as mentioned above!

Your choice!