aberdeen-music

King Crimson

Guest Sundaram

Guest Zeenat Aman
Wow' date=' I never suspected such antics had been afoot in the dark times of before-I-registered-here!

That clip is far out :cheers: I just realised how cool it would be to have seen KC live! And Bill Bruford is well cute :kiss: D'ya know if there's somewhere to download the rest of that programme?

Listening to Starless and Bible Black now :rockon:[/quote']

Maybe, but not that I know of. I have it on video though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow' date=' I never suspected such antics had been afoot in the dark times of before-I-registered-here!

That clip is far out :cheers: I just realised how cool it would be to have seen KC live! And Bill Bruford is well cute :kiss: D'ya know if there's somewhere to download the rest of that programme?

Listening to Starless and Bible Black now :rockon:[/quote']

Ahhh see Wetton era of KC was always my favourite. Wetton has a great voice.

Woohoo going to see Wetton's keyboard player at Keith on Saturday,it'll be one of my breaks I think. John Young rocks !

Strangely and just to annoy Phillip, I always preferred Asia, how can a supergroup of ELP, KC, Yes and Buggles fail :p

Phil, you coming on Thursday to see Jo at the Moorings, i'll introduce you to Bodast,

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Zeenat Aman

Strangely and just to annoy Phillip' date=' I always preferred Asia, how can a supergroup of ELP, KC, Yes and Buggles fail :p

[/quote']

Easy, by the time Asia was formed, those people had seriously lost the plot.

The fact you prefer Asia over King Crimson says a lot. :nono:

ps: I've already met the lovely Bodast, cutching Steve Howe autographed single and magazine. :rockon:

Easy' date=' by the time Asia was formed, those people had seriously lost the plot.

The fact you prefer Asia over King Crimson says a lot. :nono:

ps: I've already met the lovely Bodast, cutching Steve Howe autographed single and magazine. :rockon:[/quote']

'lovely' Bodast ?? Ahhh you met a different Bodast ;)

I prefer short pop/rock to long epics,

Cheers

Stuart

Soph strikes me as someone who can certainly fight her own battles, but all the same, behave! She's cooler than A.H. hence she likes Crimson.

Asia: hmmm. Actually they're a guilty pleasure. Am I In Love, Heat of The Moment, Voice of America. They did however mark the beginning of Greg Lake's iffy vocals in their second incarnation.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Soph strikes me as someone who can certainly fight her own battles' date=' but all the same, behave! She's cooler than A.H. hence she likes Crimson.

Asia: hmmm. Actually they're a guilty pleasure. Am I In Love, Heat of The Moment, Voice of America. They did however mark the beginning of Greg Lake's iffy vocals in their second incarnation.[/quote']

I think he was reaching his 2nd phase of manhood, ie, the time of life when mens balls drop even further, the birth prangs of grandad balls.

It's ruined many a voice! :D

Soph strikes me as someone who can certainly fight her own battles' date=' but all the same, behave! She's cooler than A.H. hence she likes Crimson.

Asia: hmmm. Actually they're a guilty pleasure. Am I In Love, Heat of The Moment, Voice of America. They did however mark the beginning of Greg Lake's iffy vocals in their second incarnation.[/quote']

"Am I in Love" is one of the most romantic songs of all time imo, it really makes me think of someone and a special evening that changed a lot of the ways I thought about that person, and of course in coinsequence messed up a lot too...

Still an amazing songm just has something... *sigh*

Cheers

Stuart

• 6 months later...
Looks good' date=' but my player keeps hanging up, sadly.[/quote']

Just takes time to load I'm afraid.

Let it go through all jittery until it reaches the end, then re-play and it should play straight through as normal.

• 1 year later...
They don't suck. Tool are heavily influenced by King Crimson. They are the first to admit this. Talking of Tool, Adrian Belew from King Crimson has formed a band with Danny Carey and the bassist from Primus

I picked this CD up for a quid in Fopp (edinburgh) yesterday...

it's fantastic!

It's certainly an odd mix of king crimson, tool and primus all coming through in equal amounts.

one for Hogg?

(the tabla on track 3 is ace)

I think if you take primus with a massive pinch of salt, as they do themselves, it might just make sense...but, it's probably too late!

I think it's hilarious that les claypool always says "hey, we're primus, and we suck"...when he's probably one of the most acomplished bass players ever (not saying he's the best mind...)

as well as Herb & Brain being pretty damn fine drummers.

And larry just being in a world of his own, when it comes to guitar playing....

as I'd said...and aquired taste!