aberdeen-music

In Tune Music Workshops (some experimental) march 20/21

prof_lofi

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I not only do experimental music but deliver workshops as well. Well, we have a doosie (as in 'very good' for those of you not from Texas) coming up on March 20th and 21st, that some of you might be interested in.

It's part of a youth project in Kincorth and is open (and FREE!) to any young person age 12-25. There are some amazing practitioners going to be delivering these workshops, including world class percussionists (hand and kit drums), djs, vocal tutors, and ahem, yours truly :) (circuit bending and on-the-cheap computer composition).

The spaces are limited, and priority will be given to young people from Kincorth (but there should be space for non-Kincorth youth) and we'll have a reserve list too.

So if you're interested, sign up now now.

The website is here: Welcome to the Frontpage

and the pdf with booking and workshop info is here:

http://kincorthmusicproject.org/documents/In_Tune_Music_Workshops.pdf

thanks, Bill

ps...for those over 25 (like myself) I haven't given up on doing a 2nd circuit bending workshop for adults, just need to sort out funding and a space. I'll keep you informed about any developments.

In Tune Workshop

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know I'm going to open this up to the wider public, so if you haven't signed up, now would be the time. Again, these practitioners are highly regarded/paid folks, so to get in for free is crazy lucky.

Hopefully see you there,

Bill

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I not only do experimental music but deliver workshops as well. Well, we have a doosie (as in 'very good' for those of you not from Texas) coming up on March 20th and 21st, that some of you might be interested in.

It's part of a youth project in Kincorth and is open (and FREE!) to any young person age 12-25. There are some amazing practitioners going to be delivering these workshops, including world class percussionists (hand and kit drums), djs, vocal tutors, and ahem, yours truly :) (circuit bending and on-the-cheap computer composition).

The spaces are limited, and priority will be given to young people from Kincorth (but there should be space for non-Kincorth youth) and we'll have a reserve list too.

So if you're interested, sign up now now.

The website is here: Welcome to the Frontpage

and the pdf with booking and workshop info is here:

http://kincorthmusicproject.org/documents/In_Tune_Music_Workshops.pdf

thanks, Bill

ps...for those over 25 (like myself) I haven't given up on doing a 2nd circuit bending workshop for adults, just need to sort out funding and a space. I'll keep you informed about any developments.

• 2 weeks later...

Free Music Workshops this Weekend!

Hi Everyone...check this out if you're in Aberdeen

I wanted to remind you about the workshops offered by Kincorth Music Project this weekend, March 20th and 21st . They are a great music opportunity that not only rarely occurs in Aberdeen, but are FREE to those of you that are 25 years and younger. (If you're over 25 see below).

The trainers are nationally recognised authorities on their subject and are not only experienced musicians themselves, but are also trainers whose own work involves training other teachers, workshop leaders, and trainers as well. Dane Chalfin will be delivering sessions specifically for this for those of you who are teachers or vocal coaches (or want to be) covering pedagogy, voice troubleshooting and vocal health.

But in order to participate, we need you to quickly register which courses you want to attend (there is no limit other than scheduling).

To make a booking Tel: 01224 872851 between 10am and 3pm Mon-Fri or email:

hewest@aberdeencity.gov.uk

***By the way, something I should have mentioned previously is that if you are not working as a tutor/volunteer with our music projects (you'll know if you are) and are over 25, you can still attend the workshops for a small fee (35 per workshop). If this is you and you're interested in any of these opportunities, simply register as an adult and note the workshop(s) that you are interested in-the music leader workshops with Dane Chalpin would be one to not miss for vocal teachers.

More Information about the project:

Kincorth Music Project, Kincorth Music Project received funding to host a series of music workshops in Aberdeen with experts in voice, percussion, DJ'ing, and computer music/electronic design. The project allows us to work with any young person aged 11 to 25, and best of all, it's absolutely FREE!

The workshop leaders include Dave Chalfin, one of the UK's leading voice coaches, Dane Chalfin & Associates - Professional Voice Consultants. Technique, Coaching and Rehabilitation for Speaking and Singing Voice. ; premiere percussionist Niel Findlay, head of the Rock School live band programme in East London, hey Negrita on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads ; renowned DJ, DJ Alafu, VaVa Records ; and ahem, me, Bill Thompson (I'll be giving a workshop on building your own electronic instruments (circuit bending), as well as recording and composing your own found-sound computer compositions), news .

For more information, visit the project site here: Kincorth Music Project and download the brochure for the weekend here: http://kincorthmusicproject.org/documents/In_Tune_Music_Workshops.pdf

Space is limited so if you're interested it's best to reserve your seat now. If there are no spaces left, we have a reserve list also in case of cancellations. (Over 25's are still able to attend workshops for 35 per workshop).

To make a booking Tel: 01224 872851 between 10am and 3pm Mon-Fri or email:

hewest@aberdeencity.gov.uk

Thanks, hope to see some of you there,

Bill

ps...Feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be interested.

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know I'm going to open this up to the wider public, so if you haven't signed up, now would be the time. Again, these practitioners are highly regarded/paid folks, so to get in for free is crazy lucky.

Hopefully see you there,

Bill