aberdeen-music

Re-Enter Mondragon, Inevitably.

Pierre Von Mondragon

So then I've cudgeled my brain enough to come up with some stuff, and I've lived with it for a while so as to not post too swiftly, as I have had tracks I turned out not to rate after a while.

The usual mixed bag, I hate sticking at one tempo, in one style, though it may be more marketable to balkanise sub-genres, I'm too much of an Imperious Dilletante to mine one seam, lets just say that I believe in the Continuum of Breaks, from 60 to 180 bpm, just break it.

Alamout Black- tech breaker, Illuminatus! obsessed Comb Filterathon

Archaic Dreams of Ruined Cities- Moody Slow Breaker

Quicksilver Bonanza- Arpeggathon Downtempo Breaker

Mondragon on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Dunno where I'll put them for perma D/L though.

Alamout Black is a brilliant track. The 'hashish'/drug referencyness ruins it a little for me if i'm being honest. Instantly makes me think of cheesy happy hardcore tunes from when i was a kid which would consist of little more than a computerized voice telling us to take drugs, and people would go mad for them purely for that reason. Overt drug references I can only tolerate in reggae music. Maybe that's just me though.

Edit: I want to have sex with Philosophick Showdown. DJ Krush-esque!

I kinda know what you mean re drug references, but that specific one is part of my Illuminatus! Trilogy obsession, the breakdown bit is a list of the things that could have gone into Hassan I Sabah's recipe with which he persuaded the Assassins that he had direct access to the Garden of Paradise. Bufotenin is a crazy toad skin drug.

Hassan-i Sabbah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Illuminatus! Trilogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am fucking mad about Illuminatus!, I consider it one of the greatest works of satirical fiction ever created, while it also feeds the Libertarian fire within me, Hail Eris, Ewige Blumenkraft.

'Spose I could easy do a more subtle version.

Yeh, that was just an initial reaction so don't take that badly, as I say music wise it's immense. I'll definitely be going back for more listens. there's clearly a lot of work gone on there and some parts sound a lot like bands/artists I really like. Elements of the trip hop era we discussed in that other thread, echoey king tubby dub feel in parts, it's great.

• 1 year later...

Woop, New Shit alert.

EDIT so no embedding Soundcloud stuff here it seems.

Mondragon Multiverse

Baleful Eye

It's like fuzz-drenched trippy dubstep, with the sense of space reoplaced by a claustrophobic soundscape, er, as usual.

Might post this in the thread for my heavier stuff as well later, there are elements of that within it.

It is downloadable, as I was sufficiently on the ball to check all the options when I uploaded it, although it is a 70oddmeg wav, which I might replace with a 320mp3 next week. It's only kind of finished, as some of it is a bit o'er crispy. I have about 5 or 6 things about 2/3rds finished, so I really should try and crank them out soon, or later.

It is downloadable, as I was sufficiently on the ball to check all the options when I uploaded it, although it is a 70oddmeg wav, which I might replace with a 320mp3 next week. It's only kind of finished, as some of it is a bit o'er crispy. I have about 5 or 6 things about 2/3rds finished, so I really should try and crank them out soon, or later.

That's pretty big file for my work's crappy internet (almost like home but split between 10 computers - dung).

I've been working collaboratively with some folk recently so should have some stuff available for listening to by the end of May. Most of that stuff is about 2/3rds finished too, that final bit is the hardest in my opinion.

I'm trying to get enough stuff so I can pretend I've got an album. Trouble is I've got to hoard my creative energies enough to make music, and hold down a f/t job, that leaves no creative energy left for the artwork/creative biography/networking etc that is important in disseminating it to the wider world.

'Quicksilver...' is being adapted by Joel (ex Shitdisco)and Mikey (ex Optoplan/A.K.A. the Fox) of Ubre Blanca* for the album thet are working on, so if it's included I'll get a credit and some personal satisfaction.

UBRE BLANCA | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

The nice weather always gives me a creative boost too, problem is, then you have to stay in and work it!

• 3 weeks later...

Woop alert etc, I was going to sit on this one a while, because I've only worked on it twice, including last night, but any more might balls it up, so a fuzzy Mo' Hop Melodo-breaker, with a half-speed vibe.

Goldry Bluszco (2nd Session mix) by Mondragon on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Mondragon Multiverse

Baleful Eye

Some re-jigs and reworks also imminent.