aberdeen-music

Weird Things that I do

Moose

When I'm playing football manager I have to have my hand on a specific place on the desk during matches. I have no idea why.

If I am walking along and the ball of my foot presses onto the crack between two paving slabs, I try to make the ball of my other foot do the same on the next step. This repeats until both feet are equal.

More to follow when I do it subconsiously and make a mental note to post it on here...

Guest Gladstone

I just noticed a weird thing I do EVERY time.

Whenever I type the word deposit, I always type deposity, then have to delete the y. Every single time (except for that one I just typed because I was really thinking about it, and I managed to stop myself).

It's just an automatic thing my finger does when I'm typing.

I checked my door handle 5 fucking times this morning just to confirm it was locked before I left for work. And just before I got to my car I decided I'd better go back just to make sure.

OCD to the max.

Haha I do that too. Also, I have to check my straighteners are turned off like 4 or 5 times before I can leave the room.

Guest idol_wild
When I'm playing football manager I have to have my hand on a specific place on the desk during matches. I have no idea why.

I do something semi-similar - I have to have the curser set at a specific place during matches. I've been like that since the age-old Championship Manager on the Amiga from 1991!

I shout at sports, obviously. Mainly hockey. Surely everyone does?

However, a step down is shouting at sports games. I play NHL 10 alot, and if I hit a player I don't like, or score against a team I hate, I shout at them, and berate them. An example...

"Take that Jarko Ruutu you fucking finnish fucking hacking fucking cunt! How the fuck'd you like that one, eh? Go whinge and try biting someones thumb again like a fucking fairy, fuck faced speccy Senators cunt!"

or

"HA! Where's your fucking Vezina trophy now Hendrik Lundqvist?!?! I'm a fucking enforcer, and I just put one top shelf on you from a one timer?!?!?! You slow, past-it, hun Rangers bastard!"

My neighbours probably hate me.

You know those drain-type things that are planted in the pavement? You sometimes get one on it's own, sometimes two together and sometimes three. I think there's wiring or special plumbing or something under them and it gives easy access.

Anway...

Ever since I was at primary school and a girl made up these stupid rules - I have to stick to them:

1 If there's one on its own I step on it and that's good luck.

2 If there's two together, I still step only on the first one and then step off. Then the next time I see two together, provided it's still the same walk and I've already stepped on a single one, then I can go on the second section.

3 I never, ever, EVER step on the third section because that's bad luck.

You'd be amazed at the quickstepping jiggerypokery going on with my feet on a busy main road. This was all happening subconsciously until I got my dog last summer and realised I was still doing this. How did I discover this? Because now when I'm out on walks with him, I'm actually guiding him so he doesn't break the rules either.

I'm 27.

- Pour boiling water over tea bag. Sing/think various songs encouraging the tea to brew whilst watching it at all times. This will occasionally be accompanied by dancing fingers and side to side head movements normally associated with Black American women going mmmm hmmmm.

- Remove teabag, add milk and enjoy in a normal fashion.

Like this?

YouTube - Sitting

My sister once told me when I was younger that if I stook my foot out of the duvet, the easter bunny would tickle my feet. It wasn't even easter, it just turns out that he's a mischevious little shit for the rest of the year.

Anyhow, I'd never even considered the thought of something tickling my feet during the night. The thought of that terrified me. I still feel a bit weird about sticking my foot out at night, unless its sweltering hot, but even then, I don't like it. I have to stick my leg out, and then bend my knee so my foot is back under the covers.

Guest Gladstone
If I am staying in a nice hotel on my own (i.e. work is paying for it) I will at some point lie on the bathroom floor looking at the underside of the sink.

That's fucking brilliant.

If I'm in a hotel on my own, I like to have a bath, filling the water right to the top. I don't give a shit if it spills out over the top, I'll just mop it up with the spare towel.

I'm a fucking rock n roll star me.

I do the volume thing, where it has to be an even number...although I let it slide sometimes. I also do the tooth drumming and the password re-typing.

I dont know if its weird but when Im on my own in a good mood I sing about what Im doing or whats going on and make up stupid lyrics. Usually in an over the top 80's metal voice.

That's fucking brilliant.

If I'm in a hotel on my own, I like to have a bath, filling the water right to the top. I don't give a shit if it spills out over the top, I'll just mop it up with the spare towel.

I'm a fucking rock n roll star me.

Despite this, I can't picture any rock and roll star taking a bath, unless it was a tub, filled with hookers. Regardless, baths are great. Showers are for right puffs.

Guest Gladstone
Despite this, I can't picture any rock and roll star taking a bath, unless it was a tub, filled with hookers. Regardless, baths are great. Showers are for right puffs.

I don't take enough baths, just due to lack of time. Shower every morning, because I can do that in a few minutes.

We've got a ridiculously big bath in our house - 2m x 1m - it's fucking massive, and it's bloody great.

When playing Fifa 10/ Footy Manager I always make up relationships with all my players and give them back stories in my head. I might suddenly decide to get rid of a star player because he missed training for a week and such like, even though its all in my head. This often effects my team selection in Fifa as I will give a lot of the squad players a game even though my best players could easily play the game. There's no other way for me.

I also practice the drums using my thumbs as drum sticks and then the tip and all three joints of my index fingers as drums or cymbals. The tip on my left finger is always my snare and the first joint of my right finger is always my hi-hat. Other joints change between toms and a variety of cymbals depending on the song. This has actually been an effective way of practicing the drums in the last 3 years that I've been unable to just practice on my own.

When playing Fifa 10/ Footy Manager I always make up relationships with all my players and give them back stories in my head. I might suddenly decide to get rid of a star player because he missed training for a week and such like, even though its all in my head. This often effects my team selection in Fifa as I will give a lot of the squad players a game even though my best players could easily play the game. There's no other way for me.

Me too. EA Sports - It's in the game! (except it's not, it's in your imagination). Having signed a player from Lazio in the summer I decided that he wasn't mentally fit to play against his former club because he was Lazio born and bred and had apprehensions about facing his old club. He was uncerimoniously released the following week, poor little pixelated man. It once transpired that one of my players was gay. That was a weird week but everyone at the club rallied round.