aberdeen-music

Weird Things that I do

Moose

Guest Gladstone

This isn't a weird one I do all the time or anything, but watching the football last night, and every time the commentator mentioned Stancovic, I had to say "Shtenky bitch" in the style of Brad Pitt in that film Kalifornia.

I thought it was fucking hilarious at the time.

if I mistype a password, i have to start the whole password again. even if I know it's just the last letter. I have to type the whole thing again. Cos I can't see the letters and playing lottery with my password like that is heart-attack inducing.

Yeah I do that as well. Pain in the hoop if my password at the time is a strangely hard one to type. Normally I get used to typing them quickly after a day but sometimes I'll change it and still be getting it wrong 59 days later.

if I mistype a password, i have to start the whole password again. even if I know it's just the last letter. I have to type the whole thing again. Cos I can't see the letters and playing lottery with my password like that is heart-attack inducing.

This, definitely.

Even if I know all I have done is hit the # key when I've gone for return and backspace would do. It has to all go away and start again.

:up:

If anyone asks "You want some more" or a question to that affect, me, and my younger brother as well, both have to quote the robot barman from The Fifth Element and put on a stupid voice and say "Yoooooou wunt sum moar???" We can't help it.

Glad I'm not the only one... I usually do it in my head assuming nobody would get it.

Guest idol_wild

This thread is awesome. I share quite a lot of these little foibles.

My father is a lorry driver and when I was younger I used to love trucks. I used to sit and draw them all the time and obsess over certain types and models of trucks. When I was walking to school (usually on my own - I had nae mates at school, oh wait - I still don't), I used to pretend I was in a truck race. I would walk briskly, and whenever I overtook someone, I had an ongoing commentary in my head, as if the race was being broadcast on television.

Also, when I was younger and struggled to sleep at night, I used to pretend I was playing football for my Boys Club team and literally go through the entire game from my point of view. Much like counting sheep. One night, though, I struggled to get to sleep so much that the match went into extra-time and penalties, but when I had started visualising the game, it was a league game. Yeah, that's right, I chopped and changed the rules to suit me.

My weirdest one occurs shortly after sitting in a queue of traffic at a traffic light...

If i'm a few cars back and i'm going through the lights when they are green, I always think to myself "If I don't see the lights turning amber i'm going to have a terrible day". So I slow the car down a tad, in the hope that I see them turning amber. If I see it, there's a mini-celebration in my head and I know i'm going to have a great day.

*Afterhought*: Now that I think about this in a bit more depth, it's only times when i'm turning right or left at the traffic lights, never going straight ahead at the lights. That's quite freaky.

I play drum beats with my teeth. It's very unhealthy as it's probably chipping my teeth away to bits, but in my head, when I tap my front two incisors together, it sounds like a kick drum, and when i tap my back left molars together, it sounds like a snare. I've been doing it since I was very young, and I must say, I'm fucking amazing at it now. I use a teeth shivering sort of motion to replicate drum fills.

Obviously no one else on earth can really hear this sound, so my supreme talent is completely wasted.

Holy fucking shit. My actual brother started this thread and I think I've found a long lost one in it right here. 'cept my bass is my back molars and snare is my incisors. More to follow......

Guest idol_wild

I sometimes brush my teeth in the shower. Mainly just to kill two birds with one stone. Plus I spend a lot of time brushing my teeth, so it's nice to do it in a nice warm environment - my flat is fucking freezing.

Not the best habit to develop on a regular basis, though, as it's apparently better to brush your teeth with cold water.

If I'm stuck in a reception/waiting room or similar for a decent length of time, I start counting all the lines in the letters on a poster. Capital A would be three and so forth.

I think it started when I had a holiday job at the old ABC in Dundee and we never had any punters, but we had loads of posters.

I have to have volumes on an even number.

If I'm at something e.g. football, cinema, theatre, the person I'm with has to sit on my right. This only applies when it's just 2 people.

If I'm not driving and I have to sit in the back, I need to sit behind the passenger, not the driver. I think I just like to watch what they're doing!

I have a well defined shower routine, i.e. what order I wash bits in.

If I fuck it up in an absent minded moment it ruins the morning for me. I even try and wash everything again in the right order but it's never the same.

I do something similar and it's a top-down approach. Like hair-face-neck-oxters-torso-unmentionables-legs-feet.

Guest Gladstone
I have a well defined shower routine, i.e. what order I wash bits in.

If I fuck it up in an absent minded moment it ruins the morning for me. I even try and wash everything again in the right order but it's never the same.

I have a well defined shower routine too. I've never fucked it up. I've never thought about it before, I just wash stuff in that order, every time.

I'm now scared of what might happen if I wash my left bollock before my right bollock.

8o

I have a well defined shower routine too. I've never fucked it up. I've never thought about it before, I just wash stuff in that order, every time.

I'm now scared of what might happen if I wash my left bollock before my right bollock.

8o

you would have made a right bollocks of your shower?

• Upvote 1