aberdeen-music

Weird Things that I do

Moose

There was a big article on The Room in Empire a few months ago. They called it the "best bad film ever made". Apparently it's got a huge cult following in LA and they do midnight showings of it in cinemas, and people come dressed up as characters from the movie and carry spoons in their pockets. I don't think it's ever been released on DVD.

There was a big article on The Room in Empire a few months ago. They called it the "best bad film ever made". Apparently it's got a huge cult following in LA and they do midnight showings of it in cinemas, and people come dressed up as characters from the movie and carry spoons in their pockets.

jesus.

Am i missing something, why do they carry spoons in their pockets?
After the film's initial run, Wiseau claims to have received "almost one hundred e-mails" thanking him for creating the film.[1] The praise encouraged him to continue showing the film once a month at the Laemmle Sunset 5 Theater in Hollywood. Over time, the movie has built up a cult following. Fans interact with the film in a similar fashion to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Audience members dress up as their favorite characters, throw plastic spoons at the movie screen (a reference to unexplained framed photos of cutlery often seen in the background), toss footballs to each other from short distances, and yell insulting comments and criticisms about the quality of the film

To keep this on topic, I used to always sleep with the duvet pressed over my mouth, even if the rest of me wasn't even under the duvet. I think it started when I was little and I found out about how you supposedly swallow eight spiders in your sleep in your lifetime.

I have a certain even numbered series of patterns I do with my fingers, which runs something like this. The numbers represent my middle three fingers, with 1 being the forefinger. Give it a whirl!

1 2 3 (ascend)

3 2 1 (descend)

2 3 1 (start from the middle)

2 1 3 (start from the middle)

1 3 2 (start from the outside)

3 1 2 (start from the outside)

I've done it since I was a kid and it's hard to portray how important these patterns are in maintaining my daily equillibrium and stable mental health. It's not just with fingers either; also relates to footsteps and the way I walk along the street, feelings in my body, muscle tenses and things like that. Oddly enough it's come in pretty handy for playing guitar. The annoying thing is, if I start it, I have to finish it!

I have a certain even numbered series of patterns I do with my fingers, which runs something like this. The numbers represent my middle three fingers, with 1 being the forefinger. Give it a whirl!

1 2 3 (ascend)

3 2 1 (descend)

2 3 1 (start from the middle)

2 1 3 (start from the middle)

1 3 2 (start from the outside)

3 1 2 (start from the outside)

I've done it since I was a kid and it's hard to portray how important these patterns are in maintaining my daily equillibrium and stable mental health. It's not just with fingers either; also relates to footsteps and the way I walk along the street, feelings in my body, muscle tenses and things like that. Oddly enough it's come in pretty handy for playing guitar. The annoying thing is, if I start it, I have to finish it!

you are wierd!

take shit out of the drier

You are Mike Patton, and I claim my five pounds.

I've (apparently) been speaking a lot in my sleep lately.

Sat up in bed last week and shouted "SWOT", or it could have been "SWAT" I guess...

Weirdo.

And last night I was making ghost noises. Woooooo-oooooooo

Fucking weirdo.

I'm a bugger for falling asleep halfway through a movie, and don't want anyone to move me so I pretend I'm awake and the best way to do this is to laugh when the person I'm with laughs (obviously), but because I'm dozing I think my brain processes it slower, and I end up laughing minutes later at all the wrong parts...

I'm a bugger for falling asleep halfway through a movie, and don't want anyone to move me so I pretend I'm awake and the best way to do this is to laugh when the person I'm with laughs (obviously), but because I'm dozing I think my brain processes it slower, and I end up laughing minutes later at all the wrong parts...

Please explain to us the trick to pretending to be awake. We are assuredly fascinated. :up:

I doze and whenever I hear someone elst groan or laugh, I do the same and it usually ends up being minutes after "the moment" in the movie. It's daft, but my mum does it too. So us watching films together is supposedly hilarious, both of us conked out and laughing or groaning at random bits

Hahaha nope, just something I do to stop people waking me up properly and making me go to bed.

i have never understood why women are always so reluctant to just admit defeat and go to bed. even when they have been sleeping on the sofa for like 2 hours, poke them in the face and say 'go to bed' , i am answered with a grunt and the eyes open....then they close and back to sleep she goes......im also given 'the look' when i do finally get her moving, like i just put her puppy in a sack and shat in it. but i didnt, not this time!