aberdeen-music

Old Gretsch Country Club

sonhenry

That looks affa' bonny! I can see Bigsby having a drool (or worse) over that!!! :up:

I did indeed! Although it's missing one vital comoponent of that Great Gretsch Sound for me... a Bigsby! Love thise Walnut coloured Gretsches though.

Sonhenry, you should advertise it over at the Gretsch Pages

The Gretsch Pages: Gretsch Guitars, Amplifiers, Community and More - Since 1995.

Not only is it a valuable source of Gretsch info but it's probably the friendliest guitar forum out there, really nice folks.

To be honest I wouldn't be messing about drilling holes for a Bigsby into that guitar. Plenty of people don't like Bigsbys (fools!).

Would a vibramate work for this? If so it would be relatively easy to install/uninstall then? :) Would at least give someone else the option without destroying the guitar if they brought up the point of the bigsby again, personally though, I think it's gorgeous the way it is. :)

Would a vibramate work for this? If so it would be relatively easy to install/uninstall then? :) Would at least give someone else the option without destroying the guitar if they brought up the point of the bigsby again, personally though, I think it's gorgeous the way it is. :)

Yeah the vibramate's not really designed for this as there's no fixed bridge holes for it to go into.

To be fair, you wouldn't have to drill into the top like you would if you were putting one on a Les Paul, but you might need a couple of small holes down by the strap pin so it wouldn't really be a big deal.

Yeah the vibramate's not really designed for this as there's no fixed bridge holes for it to go into.

To be fair, you wouldn't have to drill into the top like you would if you were putting one on a Les Paul, but you might need a couple of small holes down by the strap pin so it wouldn't really be a big deal.

Good point! If it were me though, I'd leave it as it is, it's lovely. I'm definitely becoming a fan of the ol' bigsby though! :up:

• 10 months later...
Yeah, they just give a really nice "shimmer" that you don't get with other trems.

I second this, it works well on alot of (Mainly hollowbody) guitars, it makes it look more "Vintage" as i would say, though it wouldnt really work on some metal guitars.

But anyhoo that gretsch is one good lookin' guitar, wish i had money :p

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...