aberdeen-music

Your Band's Facebook Page

Oedo 808

Guest Gladstone
Go to your page.

Click "Edit Page".

Go to "Music Player". Edit. +Add a track.

:)

We don't seem to have "Music Player" in the "Edit Page" section. Either that or I'm being incredibly stupid.

We don't seem to have "Music Player" in the "Edit Page" section. Either that or I'm being incredibly stupid.

It's possible you need to authorize your page by scanning your passport or birth certificate and sending it in to facebook to prove that you are really you and the authorized representative of The Underkills.

Guest Gladstone
It's possible you need to authorize your page by scanning your passport or birth certificate and sending it in to facebook to prove that you are really you and the authorized representative of The Underkills.

You're shitting me, right?

You're shitting me, right?

No. I am not. I know they used to have this rule.

I set up our band page a while ago and when confronted by this thought... "sod that!"

Upon returning to the page more recently I found that I could now upload music, so I presume one of the other boys did it.

Facebook also refuse to give you a short, personalise url [facebook.com/yourband] for band pages unless your band is "significant" making it more difficult for smaller artists to advertise their page without buying advertising from facebook.

Facebook in general is run by a complete bunch of cunts but it's by far the most popular social networking site at the moment so you've got to learn to overlook that.

Guest Gladstone
No. I am not. I know they used to have this rule.

I set up our band page a while ago and when confronted by this thought... "sod that!"

Upon returning to the page more recently I found that I could now upload music, so I presume one of the other boys did it.

Facebook also refuse to give you a short, personalise url [facebook.com/yourband] for band pages unless your band is "significant" making it more difficult for smaller artists to advertise their page without buying advertising from facebook.

Facebook in general is run by a complete bunch of cunts but it's by far the most popular social networking site at the moment so you've got to learn to overlook that.

I signed up to the "My Band" application, which you can just add a tab on your site to which has songs on it. I signed the band up to ReverbNation a long time ago, so it was fairly easy for me to link it into facebook.

I'm going to stick with that, I'm nae sending a copy of my passport to Facebook. Fuck that.

Can't say I'm a fan of FB band pages. I'm no Myspace advocate either, but the music pages just look alot nicer.

Hopefully BandCamp will triumph in the band social networking stakes. It's so simple and the quality of streaming is a 1000 times superior. But the kids don't care for sound quality anymore, do they. Doesn't matter where you record your CD because it's going to get played through laptop speakers regardless

Can't say I'm a fan of FB band pages. I'm no Myspace advocate either, but the music pages just look alot nicer.

Hopefully BandCamp will triumph in the band social networking stakes. It's so simple and the quality of streaming is a 1000 times superior. But the kids don't care for sound quality anymore, do they. Doesn't matter where you record your CD because it's going to get played through laptop speakers regardless

Good shout about Bandcamp, it's true that you have to establish yourself elsewhere first, but Bandcamp just feels really professional. The lap-top speakers thing isn't necessarily bad; it was once the case that pop music was desinged to sound good on the shitty transistor radios teenagers had in their bedrooms.