aberdeen-music

Car / van hire

RF Scott

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a very cheap solution to the following problem;

- need to get 3/4 people and a reasonable amount of equipment (no drumkit or bass stack or anything like that) plus some bags from here/Glasgow to Cardiff on the 8th March, and then back again around the 21st. So it'd only be two days of driving.

HELP WITH RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Cheap Car Hire: 100s off hire & insurance costs...

obviously aimed more at cars but the price comparison sites will be useful and also, if you are going to be renting, it will come with a huge excess like most car/van rentals so the part about car hire insurance is well worth a read.

I did it when renting a car down south for around london/dorset. Its a tenner to cover the excess through an independent company or something stupid like 15 a day with your rental company. Just saves you forking out something 500 in excess if some stupid fucker hits you.

Richard did you have any luck with this?!

Reason I ask is that we are in DIRE need of a van to use on Monday. Our bastard vehicle failed its MOT and we are awaiting the repairs. We need to transport all 4 of us + our gear to BBC Studios in Glasgow for COTC's session with Vic Galloway.

If any one reading this can help, please PM me!

Thanks

Steve