aberdeen-music

Paris - Areas

DJ Jo-D

I stayed in this hostel last year:

Paris Hostels - St Christopher's Paris

Decent atmosphere and it was close to a couple of metro stops (the Paris metro system is brilliant) and various pubs, restaurants and clubs. There's also a Holiday Inn Express in the same complex if hostel living isn't your thing.

Had some amazing veal in a place called Draco's just round the corner:

Draco Restaurant Reviews, Paris, France - TripAdvisor

Stayed near Pigalle/Montmarte in this hotel in 2003 SITE OFFICIEL - Accueil - Hotel Migny Opra Montmartre *** (Paris, France) - hotel paris, hotel in paris, hotel france, hotel paris france, hotel paris rservation, discount hotel paris france, hotel paris cheap, hotel online paris rservation, charm Was nice enough and seemed cheap (was Aberdeen Uni History of Art year 4 class trip=ACE), the area is buzzy, seedy on nearby Pigalle (Moulin Rouge and much dirtier), but exciting, interesting, decadent seedy. Breakfast at Le Coqliquot near Abbesses metro, Dinner at the No Stress Cafe (seriously), steaktastic.

Coquelicot la rue des Abbesses Paris 18me Montmartre vous invite dcouvrir tous ses saveurs d'antan.

Le No Stress Caf - Paris

They are still there I see, stuff in Paris just persists, in the best way.

The 9th arr.

Or you could go to another bit just as good

I stayed in a very nice wee hotel in La Defense last time I was there. Got it dirt cheap through one of these hotel booking sites; the room was just exactly what you need for a short stay, and there was a beautiful wee garden where you could sit and eat your breakfast in the morning. La Defense itself is pretty interesting for a wander, and there's a metro just nearby Hotels La Defense Paris | Hotel Le Dauphin in La Defense Paris | Hotels near La Defense Paris

Pretty much anywhere is sure to have decent hotels though, just avoid the more 'touristy' areas, because prices skyrocket.