aberdeen-music

Dinosaur Jr/Built To Spill TOUR

Soda Jerk

DATES:

May 8, 2010 O2 Academy Oxford

Oxford, UK

With Built to Spill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 9, 2010 O2 Academy Liverpool Liverpool, UK

With Built to Spill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 10, 2010 Black Box

Galway, IRE

With Built to Spill

May 13, 2010 O2 ABC Glasgow Glasgow, Scotland

With Built to Spill

May 14, 2010 02 Academy Newcastle Newcastle, UK

With Built to Spill

May 15, 2010 O2 Academy Leeds Leeds, UK

With Built to Spill

May 16, 2010 O2 Academy Birmingham Birmingham, UK

With Built to Spill

May 17, 2010 Cambridge Junction Cambridge, UK

With Built to Spill

May 18, 2010 Shepherds Bush Empire London, UK

With Built to Spill

Neeeeeeeeeeed!

Guest idol_wild
I'm possibly more excited about Built To Spill.

Me too. I hope I can make it, though I may miss it due to my own endeavours. I've seen Dinosaur Jr. twice and it's not a massively rewarding experience unless you love just hearing J Mascis drowning out his bandmates with his 11 guitar amps.

Built to Spill, however. :up:

I saw Dinosaur Jr round about the time of 'Green Mind' on the Rollercoaster tour with the Jesus and Mary Chain, Blur and My Bloody Valentine and it has to be said I thought they were pish...it didn't help that the bass amp blew so J. Mascis played guitar solos to fill in time for fucking eons.

I avoided them after that until I heard 'Where You Been', I couldn't believe it was the same band...I kind of remain happy to listen to the albums rather than see them live though, I've seen them live on telly as well and they were a bit ropey...

Ha ha, I heard about that too.

I see MBV weren't any better in their heyday then - walked out the Barra's a couple of years ago as I thought they were rubbish. Playing was poor and mix was terrible. Was roundly castigated by many for not "feeling it" or "not getting it".

For the record, I love both albums. Just think they don't cut the mustard live.

Ha ha, I heard about that too.

I see MBV weren't any better in their heyday then - walked out the Barra's a couple of years ago as I thought they were rubbish. Playing was poor and mix was terrible. Was roundly castigated by many for not "feeling it" or "not getting it".

I do like the albums, 'Loveless' more so than 'Isn't Anything', but I've always thought they were a bit overrated. Other bands took their formula for guitar effects and did a far better job of actually coming up with some tunes....

Guest idol_wild

I did exactly the same and feel exactly the same way. I was bitterly disappointed with the show at Barrowlands. I walked out after about 5 songs. It sounded like sonic rape. Then I was patronised for "not getting it".

• 3 weeks later...