aberdeen-music

EMU soundcards and Windows 7

MC Nice Andrew

I while back i purchased an EMU 1820 PCI soundcard with breakout box, was running XP at the time, worked well with Cubase, reason and what ever else i use. All was well.

I upgraded to 7 and straight off something was up; getting a really distorted sound out of my speakers. Searched around and found that the sample rate had to be set to 48kHz for it to work, which solved the problem, only for a bit.

I now find that i constantly have to switch between 44.1 and 48 kHz to avoid getting the horrible low bit sounding distortion coming through. I could just switch back to XP, but i'd rather find a solution, i will have feel iv lost. Plus, i kinda like the way 7 works and runs.

The site i found the temp solution on mention that EMU have not, or have no plans the release win 7 drivers in the near future. Customer service to the max.

Anyone else having the same trouble? If so, any other solutions you've comes across?

I while back i purchased an EMU 1820 PCI soundcard with breakout box, was running XP at the time, worked well with Cubase, reason and what ever else i use. All was well.

I upgraded to 7 and straight off something was up; getting a really distorted sound out of my speakers. Searched around and found that the sample rate had to be set to 48kHz for it to work, which solved the problem, only for a bit.

I now find that i constantly have to switch between 44.1 and 48 kHz to avoid getting the horrible low bit sounding distortion coming through. I could just switch back to XP, but i'd rather find a solution, i will have feel iv lost. Plus, i kinda like the way 7 works and runs.

The site i found the temp solution on mention that EMU have not, or have no plans the release win 7 drivers in the near future. Customer service to the max.

Anyone else having the same trouble? If so, any other solutions you've comes across?

I had a few issues with some other applications when I got Win 7, mostly because it was 64 bit. Are you 32 or 64? Have you tried the Vista drivers?

I found that Vista drivers worked with Win 7, certainly MS claim that anything that has Vista drivers should work with Win 7.

E-MU Systems - Support