aberdeen-music

Guitarist wanted, long shot keys player too

FatHand

After a slight re brand from the increasingly inaccurate name of Super Six Funk Machine to the equally inaccurate name of Super Six, we are on the lookout to expand our line up again. For those who don't know us, we're a funk based band, we love the P Funk and if you know what that means and love it as much as us you're probably half way there ... it's all about writing music to party to.

As the title suggest, we are on the look out for a guitarist. There is room for being good at soloing of course, but the main aspect that you'd need to be good at is rhythm. Subtlety is the key, knowing where not to play is as important as anything else. We're looking to enhance the groove.

We're also looking for a full time keyboard player to ease up my time and allow me to focus in on the sax in order to develop the new brass section.

The current line up is: Drums, bongos/percussion, bass, sax, trumpet, (I play keyboards along with the sax) and we have 3 vocals across the front... two girls and a French MC. The bass player and myself also sing so we often have 5 vocals, it's a big part of our act. Another reason for subtlety in the musicianship.

Joining the band I think you would have a good chance to write some amazing songs with us. We are going into the studio in a couple of weekends to record 4 tracks properly but in the mean time, to get an idea of what we're about, you can check out the song currently on our myspace. I'll stick up the 12 minute epic we play, it's just a live recording at musical vision but you'll get the idea.

Super Six Funk Machine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We practice a lot and are hoping to get in 2 to 4 a week regularly after the recordings (we're on pretty much every day for the next two weeks). We are planning a string of 4/5 gigs in mid May so hoping to have someone in place for this.

We're serious about our music so if you think this kind of commitment is possible we're looking for that.

We also promote nights, gone off the radar to concentrate on writing but will be getting back into that too. Great way to meet amazing musicians and expand your network and horizons. Other opportunities coming up soon too if all goes to plan...

Enough spraffing now. Usual reply below or PM if interested.

Cheers

Colin

Hey chief.

Whatever happened to your man who played keys originally? Didn't you have a chap on the hammond? Or was that just for the first gig?

Cool to see you expanding the numbers again. If I had the time I'd suggest my services in a second, but i feel my experience of funk piano isn't great, despite loving P-Funk, also can't solo on the guitar for shit.

Hope you find someone sharpish.

D

Hey chief.

Whatever happened to your man who played keys originally? Didn't you have a chap on the hammond? Or was that just for the first gig?

Cool to see you expanding the numbers again. If I had the time I'd suggest my services in a second, but i feel my experience of funk piano isn't great, despite loving P-Funk, also can't solo on the guitar for shit.

Hope you find someone sharpish.

D

Cheers man!

Yeah, we did have a keys player. There is a chance he may be back soon. Two keyboard players... that'd be ace.

It's a guitarist we're really after. Not really needing a soloist just a solid funk player who is happy to get into the groove.

We're definitely up for a big p funk style family.

Incidentally, and on the same kind of note, we're going to be doing some cool jamming style stuff for one off recordings. Feel free, anyone, who is into the idea. It's part of the big picture I see.

If i could find a band up here to do my stuff,then i'd have a go.But unfortunately getting decent players with the right attitude is like finding unicron shit....lolz :D

I am aware of this band too.

What kind of stuff is your original work?

I'm sure with a big collective of folk we could get a jam on at the very least?

It's on my myspace dude,it would heavily rely on Ben for keys and Dave the drummer is very inconsistent too.

It's on my myspace dude,it would heavily rely on Ben for keys and Dave the drummer is very inconsistent too.

I know your myspace stuff, only a few tunes there, was hoping you had a few more gems for me to listen to.

I'm sure ben would be up for acoming up to Aberdeen to record some one off live jams. Get some done with Klunk as a whole too. Could be fun!

I know your myspace stuff, only a few tunes there, was hoping you had a few more gems for me to listen to.

I'm sure ben would be up for acoming up to Aberdeen to record some one off live jams. Get some done with Klunk as a whole too. Could be fun!

Erm they are all gems to me dude,there are about 5 on there man[ok some are a bit jazzy but so what]got one in the pipeline right now...a 70s cop show type of thing.Ben is very busy in Glasgow as you would expect and as far as Klunk are concerned i really can't be arsed with peeps who don't pull their weight.When are we gonna get a "gem" from you guys?I look forward to that.:up:

Erm they are all gems to me dude,there are about 5 on there man[ok some are a bit jazzy but so what]got one in the pipeline right now...a 70s cop show type of thing.Ben is very busy in Glasgow as you would expect and as far as Klunk are concerned i really can't be arsed with peeps who don't pull their weight.When are we gonna get a "gem" from you guys?I look forward to that.:up:

I really like them and have listened to them all a number of times, I hope you weren't taking what I said as a dig?! Just hoping to get some more of your "gems" to listen to is all I meant. I know it takes time to write and get stuff recorded ... like the sound of the 70s cop theme style so will look forward to that.

As for the Ben/klunk thing, just a suggestion of something fun to do. I'll let you know if something like that is happening and you can do your thing if you want. Probably be little combos of people getting together of a quiet evening for a jam and record it.

We're recording at the start of March so you'll hopefully get a gem from us then (well, hopefully 4!).

Thanks for all the PMs so far, it's great to have got so much interest from folk. What I think we're going to do is a bunch of jamming sessions over the week starting 8th March. Anyone else who thinks they might be interested fire me an PM with your phone number to arrange times to meet up closer to the date.

Colin

I really like them and have listened to them all a number of times, I hope you weren't taking what I said as a dig?! Just hoping to get some more of your "gems" to listen to is all I meant. I know it takes time to write and get stuff recorded ... like the sound of the 70s cop theme style so will look forward to that.

As for the Ben/klunk thing, just a suggestion of something fun to do. I'll let you know if something like that is happening and you can do your thing if you want. Probably be little combos of people getting together of a quiet evening for a jam and record it.

We're recording at the start of March so you'll hopefully get a gem from us then (well, hopefully 4!).

All good!:up: