aberdeen-music

last.fm - who are you similar to?

Oedo 808

I'm always quite fascinated by the "similar to" artists bit on last.fm

To find your artist profile just go to last.fm and search for your current band. Depending on what info folk have uploaded about you there may be quite a bit of info there. Or not!

At the bottom of the page should be your "similar artists" and links to them.

On last.fm Point of Origin have been declared similar to the following artists:

Stayover

The X-Certs

Liber8

Alyssa's Wish

Quik

10 Easy Wishes

At Long Last

But who are yours?

To find your artist profile just go to last.fm and search for your current band. Depending on what info folk have uploaded about you there may be quite a bit of info there. Or not!

Stayover

The X-Certs

Liber8

Alyssa's Wish

Quik

10 Easy Wishes

At Long Last

But who are yours?

I find it to be a semi-useless feature, really, as more often than not it simply lists artists that the band has toured with, on same label, in same "scene", etc. I guess that's all they can base recommendations on for now, anyway!

Stayover

The X-Certs

Liber8

Alyssa's Wish

Quik

10 Easy Wishes

At Long Last

But who are yours?

It doesn't mean you are similar to them at all. It's just a list of what people who listen to your band also listen to. Whether you are 'similar' or not relies on people listening to only one type of music that sounds nearly identical. I don't know many people who do that! Also you will find more listeners generally equates to a better result, because people go generally listen to similar music, but one person probably has widely varying tastes.

I find it to be a semi-useless feature, really, as more often than not it simply lists artists that the band has toured with, on same label, in same "scene", etc. I guess that's all they can base recommendations on for now, anyway!

I agree. It's the same with Spotify now too, but even worse. It used to be fairly accurate most of the time with the list of 4 or 5 at the top. Now there is about 15, and they are just pure nonsense. I was listening to Municipal Waste this morning, and a related artist was Kids In Glass Houses. Daft.

I agree. It's the same with Spotify now too, but even worse. It used to be fairly accurate most of the time with the list of 4 or 5 at the top. Now there is about 15, and they are just pure nonsense. I was listening to Municipal Waste this morning, and a related artist was Kids In Glass Houses. Daft.

Obviously emo kids love Municipal Waste :up: