aberdeen-music

THE FALL @ THE WAREHOUSE - Sunday 25th April - 8.00pm

SUNDAY 25th APRIL

@ THE WAREHOUSE

PCL PRESENTS

THE FALL

8.00pm

14+

The Fall are an English post-punk group, formed in Prestwich, Greater Manchester in 1976. The group has existed in some form ever since, and is essentially built around its founder and only constant member Mark E. Smith. First associated with the punk movement of the late 1970s, the group's music has gone through several stylistic changes over the years. However, The Fall's music is often characterised by repetition, an abrasive guitar-driven sound, and is always underpinned by Smith's vocals and often cryptic lyrics, described by critic Steve Huey as "abstract poetry filled with complicated wordplay, bone-dry wit, cutting social observations, and general misanthropy (sometimes more implied than clearly stated, but apparent nonetheless)."

The group's output is prolificas of April 2008 they have released 27 studio albums, and more than triple that counting live albums and other releases. They have never achieved widespread public success beyond a handful of minor hit singles in the late 1980s, but have maintained a strong cult following. The band were long associated with BBC disc jockey John Peel, who championed them from early on in their career and cited The Fall as his favourite band, famously explaining, "They are always different; they are always the same."

Aberdeen Warehouse (Formerly Moshulu)

Ticket price is likely set by the agent as is often the case - I couldnt say on this occasion as its not our show.

However, I think their last visit at Lemon Tree was 19 plus booking fee.

So its not far off either way.

Anyway, its about 1.50 /2.00 to drink in the venue now so theres a notable saving there if thats any help.

Im sure itll be a really good show.

Ticket price is likely set by the agent as is often the case - I couldnt say on this occasion as its not our show.

However, I think their last visit at Lemon Tree was 19 plus booking fee.

So its not far off either way.

Anyway, its about 1.50 /2.00 to drink in the venue now so theres a notable saving there if thats any help.

Im sure itll be a really good show.

18 quid plus booking fee the last time around - so that's 4.50 more this time before you get ass raped on line with booking fees and postage charges (27.40 for a ticket from Ticketweb, or 29.85 from SeeTickets).

Time before that at the LT was 15 quid if I remember correctly & about the same for both nights they did at The Tunnels (and didn't the Tunnels do an offer of both nights for 28 or so?)

Sorry, this price is appalling - given the notoriously erratic nature of MES then this doesn't represent value for money.

And cheap drinks mean nothing if you're driving or up early the next morning.

The Tunnels deal a few years back was indeed both nights for 28 quid. And those shows were both good and both a decent lengthI was stung at the last one with the 25 minutes then off shitesorry but I'm not buying into this 'go to every second Aberdeen date', that's an utterly appalling thing to have to expect in any band, regardless of how 'legendary' they areand it doesn't actually compute unless you count both Tunnels shows as one gig. I think I shall give it a miss - not wishing to see any loss in business to anyone but this gig deserves to be shunned for the basic lack of respect shown to the paying audience..I wonder if there will be another support who was never actually booked this time as well.

• 1 month later...