aberdeen-music

Gil scott heron @ the warehouse - thursday 22nd april - 7.00pm

Official statement:

Due to the continuing disruption to flights into the UK by volcanic ash, Gil Scott Heron has been unable to reach the UK. As a result, the scheduled concerts by Gil Scott-Heron at HMV Picture House on Wednesday 21st April and Aberdeen Warehouse on Thursday 22nd April have been cancelled.

We are hoping to reschedule these dates and will update our website as soon as any further information is available. Customers are asked to retain their tickets until further announcements are made.

---------------------------------------

Sorry folks.

(in all honesty from all reliable sources - bands agent, promoter, everyone involved - it WILL be rescheduled - maybe very soon as Gil is back and forth to Europe (volcano / act of god pending) frequently over the next wee while.

As its being rescheduled there hasnt been an announcement on refunds yet.

So i would hold onto your tickets as it was pretty much sold out - more news to follow.

Again, sorry but cant be helped.

As a gesture because were sad to let you down.

If you bought a ticket for Gil Scott Heron and fancy coming to Candi Staton tomorrow night, you can show your Gil Scott ticket at the door and get in for 12 to Candi Statons show. (you have to have your ticket for Gil on you to obtain this).

Online:

If you bought your ticket for Gil Scott Heron on Ticketweb - you can get a ticket for Candi on Ticketweb for 10 in advance (i.e not at the venue and before 5pm) by entering the code: candi when purchasing through Welcome to TicketWeb!

Candi Staton will be superb so at least that show is going ahead and one of the two legends will still play Aberdeen this week. Was very exciting to have them here and weve been working for a while to promote the shows and prepare the venue for the shows - absolutely gutted but at least its to be rescheduled.

Important announcement:

The confirmed new date for Gil Scott-Heron at Warehouse in Aberdeen is Tuesday 27th April.

Tickets for the original date remain valid.

Due to the continuing disruption to flights into the UK by volcanic ash, Gil Scott Heron was unable to reach the UK in time for the originally scheduled date at Aberdeen Warehouse on Thursday 22nd April.

The confirmed new date for Gil Scott-Heron at Warehouse in Aberdeen is Tuesday 27th April.

Tickets for the original date remain valid.

Due to the continuing disruption to flights into the UK by volcanic ash, Gil Scott Heron was unable to reach the UK in time for the originally scheduled date at Aberdeen Warehouse on Thursday 22nd April.

Thats a bit soon, my brother has a ticket but he will be in London and I doubt my friend will be able to get time off work at such short notice, will they be able to get refunds?

Guest droid
In what way?

Would have prefered to see him again with a full band,i didn't think the joke telling thing at the start did him any favours.That's just my opinion though!