aberdeen-music

Dave Grohl + NIN

Stephen

Dave Grohl lent his considerable drum skills to Nine Inch Nails for its upcoming album.

The Foo Fighter sat down behind the kit with Trent Reznor's outfit in Sound City Studios. The recording will continue in Reznor's New Orleans studio with producer Alan Moulder. No word was given about how many tracks Grohl's drums will appear on on the upcoming Nine Inch Nails record.

The new record, Bleed Through, will hit stores this fall from Interscope. It follows up 1999's The Fragile (Nothing)

full article from www.theprp.com

Trent Reznor of nine inch nails recently unveiled a wealth of info regarding the bands upcoming new album "Bleed Through", here's what he had to say:

"I have a group of twenty tracks that's being considered for the record. After a lot of thought, I've decided to produce the record myself. Why, do you ask? Well, I feel very inspired right now and I want this record to be what's in my head, for better or worse.

I'm bringing in Alan Moulder as a sounding board / co-producer / mixer and James Brown (not that James Brown) for some tracking: Atticus Ross is my right hand man and programmer and has been from the start of this record. Leo Herrera is engineering. Rick Rubin has been a mentor, source of inspiration and guiding force throughout the process.

There is a much less refined approach to most of this record and I wrote a lot of the tracks envisioning powerful live drumming: enter Dave Grohl. Working with him has been once of the most inspiring and exciting experiences I've had in the studio. The tracks he's played on (all fifteen), have come alive in a "better-than-I'd-even-hoped-for" type way. The rest of the music I'm playing myself.

We are tentatively mixing the record in October and tracking, treating and thinking from now until then. That means the record comes out early 2005 and we will tour extensively worldwide to support it.

Who's in the live band? Don't know yet.

Meanwhile, we're releasing two other items this fall. The long-awaited Closure DVD will finally see the light of day - with extra content, and the downward spiral deluxe edition - a two disc package remastered, remixed in 5.1 and more. We just finished remixing TDS in surround and it really lends itself to the format - you will soon have a new disc to demo your system with!"

More info can be found in the "access" section of the bands official website, www.nin.com.