aberdeen-music

Whatever you feel about them, they make sense to me

Bear in mind I pointed out all their grammatical errors - just cos - and signed off with 'I hope your party fail miserably'. This was the reply.

Christopher,

Thank you for your opinions about the Blog for our Aberdeen South Candidate, Susan Ross.

It may be worth pointing out that the compliments we receive regarding the content of the blog far out-weigh the negative comments we receive about the general layout and colour scheme. As you have not criticised the overall content of any posts, I can only assume that it meets with your approval and you agree with what is reported.

This is not a professionaly-produced blog as you have pointed out, this is because our Candidate is not a career politician, she lives and works in Aberdeen and does not have a professional team of writers working on her behalf. She writes it herself!

The British National Party is run by real citizens who do not get paid for their hard work and the electorate see this as a real advantage in the Britain of today.

I hope this has clarified your understanding of the British National Party.

Regards,

Barry Scott,

Aberdeen Organiser,

BNP Scotland

Dear Mrs. Smith

Prime Minister Nick Griffin apologises for spelling your deceased son, Rifleman John Smith's, name incorrectly in your recent condolence letter.

However, this was not a professionaly-produced letter as you have pointed out, this is because Mr. Griffin is not a career politician and does not have a professional team of writers working on his behalf. He wrote it himself!

Regards

The BNP

• Upvote 1

yep i work at the airport and that mobile banner thing was spotted on the way to work today, fucking scum, ruined my day. must be the start of some hate campaign! doubt anyone on here is going to vote for them though, i still have faith in humanity

The 10ft picture of Nick Griffin's face on it was overkill I think.

I was wondering today why it is that all my friends (well, except one) seem to have left-leaning tendencies. I didn't purposefully pick out liberal friends, it just seems to have turned out that that way. Most of my mates are guys that I've either grown up with from school days, or met on the music scene, it just seems remarkable to me that they all share similar views.

Is it a music / arts scene thing I wonder?

Dear Mrs. Smith

Prime Minister Nick Griffin apologises for spelling your deceased son, Rifleman John Smith's, name incorrectly in your recent condolence letter.

However, this was not a professionaly-produced letter as you have pointed out, this is because Mr. Griffin is not a career politician and does not have a professional team of writers working on his behalf. He wrote it himself!

Regards

The BNP

Go easy on him, can't be easy writing letters when your eyes go in different directions all the time.

A fucking BNP float / advertising board thing just drove past my work with music blaring out of it. My kingdom for a hand grenade.

I saw that just as i left my house, waiting to cross the road and it drove up Lewis Road, no music blaring though, although one of the speakers was a bit wonky.

I was wondering today why it is that all my friends (well, except one) seem to have left-leaning tendencies. I didn't purposefully pick out liberal friends, it just seems to have turned out that that way. Most of my mates are guys that I've either grown up with from school days, or met on the music scene, it just seems remarkable to me that they all share similar views.

Like minded people tend to find each other and stick together. There are probably some guys you used to play with when growing up that you drifted apart from who are now right-leaning. You just didn't know at the time that you were drifting apart because he was a nazi scumbag and you were a bed wetting liberalist.

Definitely people in the arts tend to be left of centre. You never see many musicians, actors, artists etc. saying vote Tory/Republican etc. Obama made a joke about that in a room full of Hollywood's finest didn't he? - "I know you all voted for me"

Like minded people tend to find each other and stick together. There are probably some guys you used to play with when growing up that you drifted apart from who are now right-leaning. You just didn't know at the time that you were drifting apart because he was a nazi scumbag and you were a bed wetting liberalist.

Definitely people in the arts tend to be left of centre. You never see many musicians, actors, artists etc. saying vote Tory/Republican etc. Obama made a joke about that in a room full of Hollywood's finest didn't he? - "I know you all voted for me"

Except Susan Saradon. But yeah, fair point, now you mention it there are guys from back then I don't tend to talk to much these days who are more right leaning.

EDIT - I've got that wrong haven't I? Susan Sarandon's a big leftie. Who am I thinking of then?

Except Susan Saradon. But yeah, fair point, now you mention it there are guys from back then I don't tend to talk to much these days who are more right leaning.

EDIT - I've got that wrong haven't I? Susan Sarandon's a big leftie. Who am I thinking of then?

Sarah Palin?

Could be, but there is also quite a heavy left-wing bias in the UK, though more on social than economic issues, so it's more the norm to be a liberal pansy than a bastardy right-winger.

The 10: right-wing rockers | Abba to Zappa - Observer Music Monthly | Guardian Unlimited

The 10: right-wing rockers

October 13, 2007 10:00 AM

Some of them later said they didn't mean it, or changed their minds, but all of them at one stage pointed right. Elvis Presley told President Nixon he had been studying 'communist brainwashing' and suggested he be made a 'Federal Agent-at-Large', Geri Halliwell revealed to The Spectator 'We are true Thatcherites'. But who spoke out in support of Enoch Powell, and who thinks Dubya is 'incredible... a gangsta'?

1. Elvis Presley

The meeting of the King and the President at the White House on 21 December 1970 was initiated by Elvis himself. Presley wrote a long, rambling six-page letter to Nixon, expressing his concern for the country and suggesting he could use his position to help as 'the drug culture, the hippie elements, the SDS, Black Panthers etc do not consider me as their enemy'. Presley also suggested he be made a 'Federal Agent-at-Large' in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. In their face-to-face meeting, Presley stressed his love of his country and told Nixon he was 'on your side'. He also said he had been studying 'communist brainwashing' and that the Beatles had been 'a real force for anti-American spirit'. Presley gave Nixon a commemorative World War II Colt 45, which the president sent him a thank you letter. The picture of Elvis and Nixon is the most requested item from the US National Archive, more so than the Bill of Rights or the Constitution of the United States.

2. Tony Hadley

The Spandau Ballet singer, a long-standing Conservative, is said to be in the hunt for a Tory seat. At this month's party conference he was talking tough on crime: 'The fabric of society is torn. We need Cameron to be more like Thatcher, to say enough is enough.' Hadley was later welcomed in the bar by an impromptu Conservative chorus of 'Gold'.

3. Ted Nugent

The hard rocker is renowned for his conservative views and anti-drug/alcohol stances. At the National Rifle Association's 2005 convention he told delegates he wanted rapists, burglars and child molesters 'dead'. Nugent gave a rare interview to The Independent last year in Texas, where he outlined his beliefs on subjects such as Iraq: 'Our failure has been not to Nagasaki them.'

On the TV show Texas Monthly Talks meanwhile, Nugent explained how 'Instead of arresting people for molesting children 24 times, I would rather the dad walked into the room found the person molesting that child and blew his brains out'.

4. Eric Clapton

A drunk Clapton spoke out in support of Enoch Powell at a gig in Birmingham in 1976. 'I think Enoch's right... we should send them all back. Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!'. His reported remarks were a factor in the creation of Rock Against Racism.

5. 50 Cent

In 2005, Fiddy told GQ he thought Dubya was 'incredible... a gangsta'. He revealed he would vote for Bush if his felony conviction didn't prevent him from voting. 'I wanna meet George Bush, just shake his hand and tell him how much of me I see in him.'

6. Geri Halliwell

At the height of Girl Power, in 1996, the Spice Girls gave a Christmas interview to The Spectator , in which Geri revealed their true inspiration 'We are true Thatcherites,' she explained. 'Thatcher was the first Spice Girl, the pioneer of our ideology.'

7. Kid Rock

The rock rapper, who dedicated his debut album Grit Sandwiches For Breakfast to oral sex, was briefly married to Pamela Anderson and was once voted MTV's Sluttiest Male Celebrity, is also a big Republican. At the 2004 Republican National Convention, Rock declared that if he were President he would never get caught having sex in the Oval Office, but would install cameras in the Lincoln Bedroom. Rock was pencilled in to headline a youth concert organised by Bush daughters Jenna and Barbara in 2005 until various family groups protested.

8. Johnny Ramone

On induction to the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame in 2002, the Republican declared, 'God bless President Bush.' Johnny, who died in 2004, once said: 'People drift towards liberalism at a young age, and I always hope they change when they see how the world really is.'

9. Phil Collins

The drummer, currently being reappraised thanks to a gorilla, famously promised to leave the UK if Labour were elected in 1997, and did indeed move to Switzerland. Prior to the 2005 election, Noel Gallagher urged: 'Vote Labour. If you don't and the Tories get in, Phil is threatening to come back.'

10. Ian Curtis

The lead singer of Joy Divison - who is currently depicted in Anton Corbijn's biopic Control - helped Margaret Thatcher into power by voting Conservative in 1979, reportedly as a protest against the Labour government of James Callaghan.

What about Bruce Dickensen? Isn't he a bit to the right? He drives a fucking plane too.

Watched him on that Metal Britannia documentary last week (which was excellent by the way) and my god, he is a fucking knob. I suppose the Lord Squiffington or whatever the fuck they're called books should have given the game away. But it reminded me of the bit in The Dirt where one of Motley Crue (can't remember which one) shagged his wife, so it was OK.

Watched him on that Metal Britannia documentary last week (which was excellent by the way) and my god, he is a fucking knob. I suppose the Lord Squiffington or whatever the fuck they're called books should have given the game away. But it reminded me of the bit in The Dirt where one of Motley Crue (can't remember which one) shagged his wife, so it was OK.

Harsh! Think of the poor woman, she must have been a walking petrie dish afterwards, especially if it was Tommy Lee.

I may have seen that if it was a repeat.

Pretty amusing list.

The Nuge raises some good points, although I think his pro - arms stance is ridiculous.

Johnny Ramones political stance was a pain in the arse for the other Ramones, proving you shouldn't be in a band with folk who have radically different views to your own. One of my fave latter Ramones songs has a silly title because of Johnny's Conservative sensititivity.

Pretty laughable that Ian Curtis's tactical vote in one elction ranks him no. 10 in the "right wing rockers."

The Spice Girls views are summed up best by Avid merrion - I think a similar amount of thought went into that Thatcher comment.

Tony Hadley is satan in a musical form. Who cares what he thinks about anything?

Eric Claptout proves that people have short memories and the "I was drunk - I didn't mean it" saying goes beyond normal punters. I hope he feels really bad every time Rock against racism is mentioned.

Johnny Ramones political stance was a pain in the arse for the other Ramones, proving you shouldn't be in a band with folk who have radically different views to your own. One of my fave latter Ramones songs has a silly title because of Johnny's Conservative sensititivity.

Bonzo Goes To Bitburg? That was re-titled "Head Is Hanging Upside Down" in the US because Johnny didn't like the reference to Ronald Reagan.

Also "The KKK Took My Baby Away", was written by Joey about Johnny after Johnny stole his girlfriend.