aberdeen-music

Alasdair Roberts + Kiila @ The Tunnels, 18th March

offramp

Guest idol_wild
Is there a booking fee / service charge?

They add on the usual 10%. But I still ensure that the advance ticket price + the 10% booking fee = less than the door price.

And more stressful!

What could possibly be stressful about it? It's worked like a charm for me so far; pretty easy to use client interface, too. I'd heartily recommend them.

Some people have remarked that it's a bit of a shit way to go about things and that it's a "naff" method of selling advance tickets. But, frankly, I can't see any negatives at all.

Guest idol_wild
The negative from my point of view is that I don't have a credit card......I like to smile simperingly, or glower menacingly at the person selling the ticket.

Well yeah - naturally I always favour selling the tickets in an actual physical outlet. One Up was a particularly great outlet for that in Aberdeen. :up:

They add on the usual 10%. But I still ensure that the advance ticket price + the 10% booking fee = less than the door price.

What could possibly be stressful about it? It's worked like a charm for me so far; pretty easy to use client interface, too. I'd heartily recommend them.

Some people have remarked that it's a bit of a shit way to go about things and that it's a "naff" method of selling advance tickets. But, frankly, I can't see any negatives at all.

So the only real difference is the extra cost for people to have tickets sent out to them? That's what essentially will push the cost over the door price. There is an option on Ticketweb just to pick up from us on the night, remember folks...

"If I was a geek" I'd prefer to have a physical ticket for my "collection". A little memento of a wonderful evening, if you will. Better than a piece of A4 anyway. [/tuppenceworth]

:up: