aberdeen-music

Winter Olympics

Sam 45

Anybody else been watching? I'm totally hooked, so far i've watched the short track speed skating, mens luge, mens downhill, womens moguls, mens moguls, mens downhill and mens boarder cross.

Whistler are had their warmest January on record so the conditions are far from perfect. They could have held the winter olympics at Glenshee this year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gladstone

Just seen the Luge and Downhill so far, but that's more than I've watched of a Winter Olympics for years. I'll be trying to catch as much of it as I can - it's better entertainment than pretty much anything else on the telly.

The Luge was pretty mental, as was the men's downhill!

My pal Ben is in the men's half pipe comp tonight at roughly 9pm. Will definitely be checking that out. Some of the events I've seen have been pretty cool though so far. The men's downhill snowboarding was fast and furious and people kept falling off which satisfies my sense of humour perfectly.

My pal Ben is in the men's half pipe comp tonight at roughly 9pm. Will definitely be checking that out. Some of the events I've seen have been pretty cool though so far. The men's downhill snowboarding was fast and furious and people kept falling off which satisfies my sense of humour perfectly.

Is that Ben (you'll have to remind me of his last name as it's been a while) from Banchory?

I've watched as much as I can, brilliant stuff. The downhill last night was good viewing and the moguls are good fun to watch. Their knees must be fucked from the pounding they take from the mogul runs.

A great shame about the death of the Georgian chap, a bloke at my work was saying there was footage released of his crash which I for one will be avoiding.

Guest Gladstone
A great shame about the death of the Georgian chap, a bloke at my work was saying there was footage released of his crash which I for one will be avoiding.

I saw photos of that in an article. Looks horrible.

There was a completely unguarded steel pillar - some folks are saying the death could have been avoided if the steel pillars weren't completely exposed.

You can see how it could go tits up on the luge though - it's incredibly fast.

Aye, 9pm the morn. Looking forward to it. He is definitely in for a shout with this event. He competes in a variety of events normally but as its the olympics its just the one; which is his best. Ben is a really amazing athlete, considering that he practiced his moves on a trampoline until he was about 15!

Has everyone seen the female bobsleigher whos spandex ripped before she started, exposing her buttocks. Brilliant stuff.

I been enjoying it, love the luge but shame about that georgian chap. Its a proper mad sport, who came up with that concept? 'hang on lads I got a great idea for a sport, hows about thundering through a lane of ice at 70 MPH and quickest over four runs wins??' the snowboarding races are ace as well although I suspect lots are like me, your just waiting for someone to fall on their ass!

I do like watching olympics as I watch sports I would never in a million years give a flying toss about!