aberdeen-music

Fat Hippy Night w Deportees, PoO, DTC, Lorelei - 26 Feb

Christy

Hi folks,

My new band Deportees are playing the Fat Hippy night on Feb 26th. I'll let the other bands do their own promo cos I don't want to do them a disservice, but you should all pop down to see us anyway.

We are a rock band with pop, folk and country influences - y'know the sort. Heaps of harmonies and good songs.

Familiar poasters Diarmaid and Adam Easy Wishes are in the band, as are Adam and Ricky (formerly of Eddison).

Don't miss it.

Guest Gladstone

I need to see me some Deportees, so I'm going to try and make this - may have to head home after Deportees.

Nae promising I'll be there though - I've got a busy week/weekend next week. Hopefully though...

Saw that video on facebook the other day - looks pretty promising. :up:

At this precise drunken moment, I cannot remember the name of The Deportees first song. It was fucking excellent thought. Four-way harmony win!

Really excited in an almost-homo way about the potential of this band. And by god, I always forget how powerful a singer Adam is. Brilliant.

Wow - I think I've got a new favourite band in Aberdeen.

Deportees were absolutely stunning last night. The two bands that they are made from were two of my all-time favourties from Aberdeen but Deportees are even better then I imagined they could be. Was really gutted I missed gig 1 but last night more than made up for it.....

14th March - I'm there!

Ty ty to all of you for popping along and for the kind words. No recordings yet - we can't get two suitable days at Captain Tom's, and Adam Mo and Ricky aren't keen on the drum sound at Exile (although, oddly, I approve of it). Any studio suggestions appreciated - a three track demo is long overdue.

We all enjoyed it a whole heap, and the response to our two gigs so far has been overwhelmingly positive so long may it continue.

Our next gig is at the Tunnels on 14 March supporting The School. Hopefully we will get a 35minute slot rather than 30 so we can play another number. We've got songs coming out of our collective muffter but can only play 6 in a 30min set.

Thanks again for your support, chaps.

Deportees were seriously impressive. It's a brave way to start a set, 4 part unaccompanied harmonies, and it worked - sounded amazing.

The other bands were great too, I have to say I was pretty blown away by Death Trap City, the drummer (ex-Eddison) was superb.

Great night.

Can't wait to see this.