aberdeen-music

30/03-Battle of Wolf 359,Resurrectionists,Kaddish,Carson Welles-Balcony Bar,Dundee

Teabags

On Tues 30th March come and soak up the following:

Battle of Wolf 359 - Battle of Wlf 359 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads - Heavy and intense emo-violence done tremendously. From the southern parts of down south.

Resurrectionists - RESURRECTIONISTS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads - Brutal Grind/Emo-violence from Germany

Kaddish - Kaddish on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads - Kings of Scottish Screamo, dead good ken?!

Carson Wells (tbc) - Carson Wells on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads - Mathed up indie jams in the vein of Meet Me in St Louis from the land of Granite and Smack shipments.

Entry -4

Doors - 8pm

Venue - Balcony Bar, Ward Rd, Dundee

I can't fucking wait. Anyone else fancy it?

Emo-violence is up there with the worst of genre titles, I always thought it was just literally emo and power violence put together.

Battle of Wolf are fucking amazing though, as are Kaddish and I have no doubt Resurrections will be good. Storming line up in Glasgow too. Can't wait to see Black Channels again.

- - - - - -

The new Kaddish record is absolutely jaw dropping - heavy and intense and beautiful emo/screamo/hardcore. The newer songs are a bit more straight forward and a bit less abstract, but there is still plenty of old school Kaddish in there - everything is just done a lot better.

Ten tracks - 2 old 8 new (although some people will recognise track 3 if you've seen Kaddish live over the past few years). The tracklisting looks like this:

Side A

1) Sans Doute

2) Forget the Knights of Faith

3) ...There Grows the Hours' Ladder to the Sun

4) A Certain Blindness

5) The Grrrrrreat Apart

Side B

6) In Dialogue

7) A Book unto Himself

8) Long Vigilance, Waking Life

9) The Sea. A Reckless Dream

10) To Another

The artwork is photographic and lovely. The record will come with a 6 (?) page booklet complete with philisophical musings and lyrics.

Lars from React with Protest will be - if all goes to plan - bringing the copies of the record with him on this tour. If you're coming to the show I suggest you buy one. If you're not here for the show I think I'm getting 90 or so copies, so there will be plenty to go round after.

[/plug]

This is four weeks yesterday i think. Will undoubtedly be great.

Head over to the Parade of Spectres page if you wanna order up the Battle of Wolf/Ressurectionists stuff:

Parade of Spectres on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

There is quite a cool interview with dom Kaddish here about stuff too:

Interview - Kaddish's MySpace Blog |

Sad news about Balcony. :(

Attended so many good gigs in there, will be sorely missed.

Season 07/08 was great.

I mind there was that outrageously good show last time BOW were up with June Paik, Kaddish and Archives (i think). Damn exams made me miss it.

People really should come to this to see 2 of the very best hardcore bands in the UK both at the top of their game.