aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gladstone

5 a side football team?

Does anyone currently play in a 5s team in Aberdeen?

I really fancy getting back into playing football, but can probably only manage one evening a week for an hour or so, so playing in a 5s team is probably best for me. I work in town, but live about an hour away, so kick off would ideally have to be 7pm or 8pm for it to work for me.

For an idea of ability, I'm nae bad. A decent enough player, and have played for some pretty good teams in my youth - played junior football for one season, but wasn't really good enough for that level by the time I was an adult. A good amateur player though. And as far as the quality of 5s leagues go, I've played in teams that have won leagues at Goals / Strikers before.

(So, aye, I'm just trying to say that I'm not complete shit, and won't bring the standard of your team down, unless you're a team full of Darren Mackies)

I'd like to play, I'm not great though. I just want to play, but the last effort to get folk together fell on its arse, which was a shame.

I'd like to play, I'm not great though. I just want to play, but the last effort to get folk together fell on its arse, which was a shame.

Yeah - I'm not trying to put a team together, because I've done that before, and it's a major hassle.

Just trying to see if anyone on here plays for a team that's looking for a player.

Or, if someone puts a team together, I'd happily play. I'm just not being the one in charge...

Sounds dickish, but having done that a few times before, I know it's a hassle I could do without!!!

Them once you've got a team you have to find someone to play against which is a further pain in the hoop. If you don't get anything sorted we could make an attempt on here. I reckon I could get 4 or 5 bodies.

I'm thinking of returning to elevens next season after a 9 year absence before its too late. I was a left winger who relied on my pace to get around people so I'm not sure how that will work out given I probably now have the lungs of a 90 year old.

I'm big, so I count as 2 bodies, but I'm also shit, you can subtract the extra body that my height and girth creates. I'm just one body.

Adam EW and Adam K and myself would all be in. Ricky and Diarmaid too, probably. Deportees vs an Adn-music select?

You fuckers have turned this thread back into the "kickabout" thread from the past...

I want a regular game, once a week in a team!! If someone fancies organising an Ab-Music team, to enter into a league at Goals or summin' - I'm in.

Christy - you could surely enter a team at Goals and instantly have all the refs on our side...

Not the most skilful, but I seem to be coming onto a game as a sweeper. I'm up for regular or irregular kickabout, and also up for a team as long as some other fucker sorts it.

Make it so.

Not the most skilful, but I seem to be coming onto a game as a sweeper. I'm up for regular or irregular kickabout, and also up for a team as long as some other fucker sorts it.

Make it so.

this.......

...except I am skillful and am not a sweeper.

So Carrots, have you booked the fucking pitch yet?

Fuck off, I'm the star of this team. I'm turning up 30 seconds before kick off, hot bird on my arm, strolling onto the pitch, smoking a fag, ball passed back to me from kick off, waltz round the opposition, then punt it into the Dee.

Take that, fuckers.

(What I'm trying to say is, I'm not booking the pitch)

I'll play whenever, like. I almost exclusively play in goals and I'm not all that great (think Pavel Srnicek), but always up for a game, committal or non-committal.

Currently play every Wednesday at Goals, every now and then on a Sunday at Garthdee, and about once a month at the Sport's Village. I'll keep this thread in mind if we're ever looking for extra numbers.