aberdeen-music

TUFF WAX RECORDS - our new vinyl-only record label, based in Aberdeen

Guest Tam o' Shantie

as a general rule, label pays costs, costs are recouped, profit split 50/50. or in a split release, 33.3/33.3/33.3

Those are fair splits,cool....good luck,if you are looking for tunes then holler back!:up:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Those are fair splits,cool....good luck,if you are looking for tunes then holler back!:up:

I thought that was a fairly standard deal which is why i can't see a reason to change it. it all depends on making sure that artist / label are happy with the arrangement - and as I say, this first release is between mates so a verbal agreement is in place for the moment. we're getting the serious side set up in the meantime though.

always interested in checking stuff out - send a link to your music to label@tuffwaxrecords.com

I thought that was a fairly standard deal which is why i can't see a reason to change it. it all depends on making sure that artist / label are happy with the arrangement - and as I say, this first release is between mates so a verbal agreement is in place for the moment. we're getting the serious side set up in the meantime though.

always interested in checking stuff out - send a link to your music to label@tuffwaxrecords.com

Yeah that's a fair deal for both parties dude,iv'e been offered a lot worse in the past.:D

Guest idol_wild

Hrm, try Peacock Visual Arts? I recall DO IT putting on a club night and stuff there. For a guitar pop band, you may need to speak to them about that and whether they could accomodate - though you'd have to supply your own PA system/desk. But it's a lovely space, so it'd be worth a phonecall. And right next door to it, Portals bar?

There really is a lack of suitably sized and kitted out venues in Aberdeen.

By the way, fucking cracking work with the label - I think it's great seeing people get off their hoops and do stuff like this, and I really hope it all works out and grows to a level you're comfortable with. Thumbs well and truly up! :up:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie

Please help if you can...we've now heard back from Peacock who can't accomodate us on the 13th. Can anybody help? All the venues are booked up, but we're trying to rack our brains about shops, spaces, lockups etc that might be suitable?

Anyone that can hook us up can have free vinyl/stickers/entry of course.

Cheers

Please help if you can...we've now heard back from Peacock who can't accomodate us on the 13th. Can anybody help? All the venues are booked up, but we're trying to rack our brains about shops, spaces, lockups etc that might be suitable?

Anyone that can hook us up can have free vinyl/stickers/entry of course.

Cheers

did you try the Blue Lamp?

If not, and you want me to get in touch just shout!!

Would need a PA most likely although there is one there. I used it for Belleruche and was slightly underwhelmed by it's power.

• 2 months later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie

Short but sweet mention of the single here:

This Week's Singles: 26/04/10 / In Depth // Drowned In Sound

You can buy the 7" online at Tuff Wax Records on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads, at 1up Music in Aberdeen, or at our monthly night at Tunnels (first Saturday of each month) starting on June 5th.

That said, we'll be doing some sort of DJing this Saturday at Tunnels too - details to follow shortly.

• 2 weeks later...