aberdeen-music

Euro qualifiers thread

Alphas

And this turnaround of the team, will win Levein plaudits, and he'll get scouted out by a Premiership team, and offered a wad of cash. The SFA will accept compensation of two 24 packs of Tennents, and we'll have to give Craig Brown his old job back. Or worse still, Jim Jeffries will be appointed.

I forgot to add that bit, couldn't see through my tears....

Probably something like this.....

Lithuania 2-1 Scotland

(Levein disappointed but points out there is a long way to go yet. SFA to make official complaint to FIFA about diving)

Scotland 0-0 Czech Republic

(Levein frustrated but points out there is a long way to go yet. Hints he might drop Kenny Miller for the next game. Evening Express suggest Darren Mackie could earn a call up due to scoring twice in one game. The story travels no further than the north east)

Scotland 4-0 Liechtenstein

(Let's not kid ourselves about the quality of the opposition - they were poor)

Spain 5-0 Scotland

(Let's not kid ourselves about the quality of the opposition - they are world cup champions/runners up)

Liechtenstein 1-3 Scotland

(with the Czechs dropping points in Vilnius confidence soars - as long as it's possible we will keep trying)

Czech Republic 1-1 Scotland

(Levein wins plaudits for solid, confident away performance. Have the Scots turned the corner?)

Scotland 3-1 Lithuania

(Czechs lose by 3 in Madrid meaning we are tied on points and goal difference for second place going into the last match. We have to beat Spain at Hampden to stand a chance with the Czechs likely to brush Liechtenstein aside in Prague. We can only do our best - the Spanish have already qualified but are a proud nation who will be trying to win)

Scotland 2-1 Spain

(Czechs win by two in Prague and get second spot. Levein is proud of the boys recent form and thinks we were unlucky. It was back in Vilnius and against the Czechs at Hampden last September that killed us)

I wanted to rep but was not allowed.

Qualifer dates:

Friday 3rd September Lithuania Away

Tuesday 7th September Liechtenstein Home

Friday 8th October Czech Republic Away

Tuesday 12th October Spain Home

Saturday 3rd September Czech Republic Home

Tuesday 6th September Lithuania Home

Saturday 8th October Liechtenstein Away

Tuesday 11th October Spain Away

Guest Gladstone

We have to beat Lithuania away in Craig Levein's first competitive game in charge to stand any chance of qualifying from this group. That worries me. Realistically, we'll need to take something from Czech away, and beat Spain at home. Jesus Christ.

Second half of the qualifying should be easy though.

In fact, we'll do all of those things above, but then get beat by Liechtenstein away from home. Guaranteed.

Spain away, last game. Hopefully it won't go right down to the last day for you lot, because I don't think there is such a thing as a weakened Spain side. If Xavi and Iniesta are first choice in the middle, then their second string midfield is likely to be Fabregas and Xabi Alonso. Fucked it.

Spain has 2 top, top squads:

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Marchena Capdevila

Iniesta Xavi Fabregas Silva

Villa Torres

then, in reserve:

Reina

Arbeloa Albiol Pique Antonio Lopez

Hernandez Alonso Senna Mata

Guiza Raul

You could probably pick a stronger reserve team, but that was off the top of my head. In short, we're pretty much fucked.

Davie will have done the maths and be standing in the right place.

Surely Weir won't really be in the squad though? He hits 4-0 in May.

Whoever we have just needs to half Torres in a semi-legal manner (at worst getting a yellow card), thus giving the king of the injury prone something to think about/forcing him off for the rest of the match. Wouldn't want Torres to get another long term injury from it though, wouldn't wish that on any player, except those at Chelsea, coz they're all cunts.

Nah, it's all about their midfield. You could put Francis Jeffers up top, and with the eye of the needle passes that Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Silva are capable of, he'd score. He'd score a shit ton.

I doubt all 4 of those would play together though. Not too often anyway. There's no defensive muscle. All 4 will bomb forward, and expose the back four, especially with Ramos and Capdevila charging forward too. Iniesta just isn't as good out wide either. I'd personally prefer Iniesta in the middle than Fabregas.

Hopefully they'll persuade Jesus Navas to accept the call up. They could do with an all-out right winger, and he is superb, but just doesn't want to play for Spain.

The thought of facing that Spain team is utterly frightening. Like 6-0 friightening. We'll need to play really dirty and man mark the fuck out of fabregas and xavi. Actually, am I right in saying fabregas isn't guarenteed a starting berth for Spain? I remember him being a bench warmer in the last few matches. Imagine that... Fabregas vying for a place. What a team. Hate Spain though. Borderline 3rd world country in my book.

Fabregas usually doesn't start if Xavi starts, as they don't play together too well. Their redtops also go a bit mad about it, alot like the Sun and their usual "BUT GERRARD AND LAMPARD CAN'T PLAY ON THE SAME TEAM EVERRR!!"

But, Xavi and Iniesta have that ridiculous telepathy going on. You wouldn't want to lose that, regardless of how good Fabregas has been this season.

That's what I thought. Not a bad understudy to have though. Are there any well known/handy Lithuanian players?

Saulius "I'm a diving fuckbag" Mikoli?nas . He can be pretty handy. Yeah, that Spain lineup probably wouldn't be a starting one. You'd probably have Alonso/Senna/Navas in there instead of Fabregas. I just find that midfield the most bowel movement inducing to look at, though it may not work that well in practice. It also causes much destruction in FIFA 10.

Levein's first Scotland squad:

Alexander (Rangers), Gordon (Sunderland), Marshall (Cardiff City); Hutton (Sunderland), Berra (Wolves), Caldwell (Wigan), Dixon (Dundee United), Kenneth (Dundee United), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Dundee United) Whittaker (Rangers); Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom), Fletcher (Manchester United), Hartley (Bristol City), McCulloch (Rangers), McFadden (Birmingham), Robson (Middlesbrough), Thomson (Rangers); Boyd (Rangers), Fletcher (Burnley), Iwelumo (Bristol City), Miller (Rangers).

Interested in this game as it will be a good warm up for the Euro games against the Czech's.

Has gone back to Utd for a few players. Webster seems to have been in fine form this season so probably merits his place. Have never really rated Kenneth but from what I understand he has greatly improved this season so should probably reserve judgement on him.