aberdeen-music

New Calendars - Sponsors take note!

Neil

For those of you that are sponsors of this web site as well as representatives for local venues then I have some rather good news for you. As you know the current system in place for getting events added to the calendar is rather clumbersome and there is quite a delay in some cases before an event you have announced gets added to the calendar. This is simply because I often don't always have the free time to go through all the posts and get them added to the calendar.

I have now found a solution to this problem since upgrading the forums. I have now created a calendar for each of our sponsors so they can add/edit and remove events from their own calendar as and when they please. Unfortunately, only one moderator can be assigned to a calendar and so these have currently been assigned as follows (if you want these changed - please just contact me):

Dr. Drakes Calendar - DR DRAKE (Sharon)

Moshulu & The Bassment Calendar - Ross

The Lemon Tree - Jamie

The Moorings Bar - Flash@TMB

I would appreciate it if the calendar moderators above could make the title of the events they add to their respective calendars fit in with the formatting style of all the other calendar entries (e.g. [GIG] my gig @ my venue).

Just like the Public calendar (which is still there as before) any events added to your calendars will automatically be displayed on the forum home page. I will still add gigs manually to the calendar for those announced in the Gig & Event Announcements forum but hopefully by having these new calendars the number of new gig announcements should start to fall as I hope you will add your upcoming gigs to your own calendar!

I also intend to have upcoming gigs displayed on the home page of the web site and on the thread display page in the same as they are currently displayed on the forum home page. So this will further increase the exposure of any events you have added to your calendars.

May I also take this opportunity to remind all our registered members that you all each have your own private calendar which you can add/edit and remove your own entries to and from. You can access this calendar by selecting "My Calendar" in the drop-down menu in the Calendar section of the web site.

If anyone has any problems or questions regarding the calendars then, as always, please let me know.

*Yawn*

I just fell asleep half way through reading that.......

I have now wiped the drool from my face and finished reading...I have also decided to get someone to speak that into a tape recorded to cure my insomnia as the new Keane Album clearly isn`t working.

Thanks Neil.

For those of you that are sponsors of this web site as well as representatives for local venues then I have some rather good news for you. As you know the current system in place for getting events added to the calendar is rather clumbersome and there is quite a delay in some cases before an event you have announced gets added to the calendar. This is simply because I often don't always have the free time to go through all the posts and get them added to the calendar.

I have now found a solution to this problem since upgrading the forums. I have now created a calendar for each of our sponsors so they can add/edit and remove events from their own calendar as and when they please. Unfortunately' date=' only one moderator can be assigned to a calendar and so these have currently been assigned as follows (if you want these changed - please just contact me):

[b']

Dr. Drakes Calendar - DR DRAKE (Sharon)

Moshulu & The Bassment Calendar - Ross

The Lemon Tree - Jamie

The Moorings Bar - Flash@TMB

I would appreciate it if the calendar moderators above could make the title of the events they add to their respective calendars fit in with the formatting style of all the other calendar entries (e.g. [GIG] my gig @ my venue).

Just like the Public calendar (which is still there as before) any events added to your calendars will automatically be displayed on the forum home page. I will still add gigs manually to the calendar for those announced in the Gig & Event Announcements forum but hopefully by having these new calendars the number of new gig announcements should start to fall as I hope you will add your upcoming gigs to your own calendar!

I also intend to have upcoming gigs displayed on the home page of the web site and on the thread display page in the same as they are currently displayed on the forum home page. So this will further increase the exposure of any events you have added to your calendars.

May I also take this opportunity to remind all our registered members that you all each have your own private calendar which you can add/edit and remove your own entries to and from. You can access this calendar by selecting "My Calendar" in the drop-down menu in the Calendar section of the web site.

If anyone has any problems or questions regarding the calendars then, as always, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to check something... I'm happy with the new setup, but does this mean that from say... August that events in Drakes, Moshulu, Moorings etc will only appear in their own calendars as opposed to the main calendar. The reason I ask, is that I fear should events appear in both places then people might not bother to check the individual calendars. It would also mean us adding events to our own calendars, then repeating the post in the Events forum for you to add all over again.

My preference is that the main venues events onbly appear in their ownb calendars, or alternatively are automatically pulled into the main calendar if that's possible.

Flash, as it happens Dr. Drakes raised the same point. As I'm the only person that can add events to the main calendar then I'll simply not add events to that calendar if they are at a venue that already has it's own calendar. That should hopefully avoid this kind of issue cropping up.

By the way, I'm happy for you and the other venues with calendars to annouce club nights as well as gigs. However, I don't think it is appropriate for drink promotions to be added to your calendar - the only reason I say this if that I have just removed such an event from your calendar.

OK they don't call me Flash for nothing - I finally understood the bit about events in our calendars appearing on the homepage... oops. I've updated all our events to what I think is the correct format, or at least an approximation of it (I'm a slow learner). Sorry about the drinks promotion - even I'm not intentionally THAT cheeky LOL. Let me know if there's any problems with the format. Since the clubnight event is a new, and welcome, facility I prefixed it with [CLUB], and I prefixed the Open Mic with [JAM]. Let me know if that's OK or what to alter it to once a standard has been defined.

Cheers.

OK they don't call me Flash for nothing - I finally understood the bit about events in our calendars appearing on the homepage... oops. I've updated all our events to what I think is the correct format' date=' or at least an approximation of it (I'm a slow learner). Sorry about the drinks promotion - even I'm not intentionally THAT cheeky LOL. Let me know if there's any problems with the format. Since the clubnight event is a new, and welcome, facility I prefixed it with [CLUB'], and I prefixed the Open Mic with [JAM]. Let me know if that's OK or what to alter it to once a standard has been defined.

Cheers.

Flash, the formatting looks just fine. I'll update the sticky post in the Gigs Annoucements forum to better define the standard. Might add an FAQ entry for it as well.