aberdeen-music

Wanted: Boss SD-2 (OOP)

HairyScaryMark

Wondering if anyone has one of these lying about and wants to get rid of it.

It's a dual distortion pedal with two modes of 'crunch' and 'lead' in the standard size of a Boss pedal. I don't think Boss do anything entirely equivalent these days.

PM or reply to thread works if you have one you wish to sell.

I have one - only ever used it once and bought it like 5 years ago.

Have you tried ebay? I picked my one up on there a couple of years ago for not too much. Quite a cool pedal. I prefer a lot of the old discontinued boss distortion pedals to the ones that are part of the current line. Ones like the HM 2, HM 3, MZ 2, XT 2 and so on.

Thanks for the info but It's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm after a dirt pedal that can easily fit in a gig bag and that thing is just too big.

Thinking the SD-2 will cover my smooth lead tones nicely while a Boss BD-2 (Blues Driver) will cover either the 'clean boost', crunch or slightly more gritty tones. I actually really like the Blues Driver for the higher gain rhythm/lead playing also, so there is a certain amount of cross over. The SD-2 has potential to do all these thing, to some extent, while excelling at smooth lead tones, causing me to believe this would be particularly useful as a a pedal to carry around in a guitar gig bag.

The current SD-1 doesn't fit my requirements as it lacks headroom, both with the level and gain controls. Max level = about the same as bypass. It's also nowhere near as flexible.

BOSS OD-20 Drive Zone :: Overview

That is it?

It's too big for what I intend to use it for and not quite the sort of thing I'm after. It looks pretty cool but I'm after compact size/simplicity/ease of use and that thing is overkill.

It's also bigger than 2 boss pedals and not far off the dimensions of some multi effects processors. Thanks for the info anyway.

OD-20

Width

173 mm

6-13/16 inches

Depth

158 mm

6-1/4 inches

Height

57 mm

2-1/4 inches

Weight

1.1 kg