aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
HairyScaryMark

Wanted: Boss SD-2 (OOP)

Wondering if anyone has one of these lying about and wants to get rid of it.

It's a dual distortion pedal with two modes of 'crunch' and 'lead' in the standard size of a Boss pedal. I don't think Boss do anything entirely equivalent these days.

PM or reply to thread works if you have one you wish to sell.

Wondering if anyone has one of these lying about and wants to get rid of it.

It's a dual distortion pedal with two modes of 'crunch' and 'lead' in the standard size of a Boss pedal. I don't think Boss do anything entirely equivalent these days.

PM or reply to thread works if you have one you wish to sell.

I have one - only ever used it once and bought it like 5 years ago.

Have you tried ebay? I picked my one up on there a couple of years ago for not too much. Quite a cool pedal. I prefer a lot of the old discontinued boss distortion pedals to the ones that are part of the current line. Ones like the HM 2, HM 3, MZ 2, XT 2 and so on.

Thanks for the info but It's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm after a dirt pedal that can easily fit in a gig bag and that thing is just too big.

Thinking the SD-2 will cover my smooth lead tones nicely while a Boss BD-2 (Blues Driver) will cover either the 'clean boost', crunch or slightly more gritty tones. I actually really like the Blues Driver for the higher gain rhythm/lead playing also, so there is a certain amount of cross over. The SD-2 has potential to do all these thing, to some extent, while excelling at smooth lead tones, causing me to believe this would be particularly useful as a a pedal to carry around in a guitar gig bag.

The current SD-1 doesn't fit my requirements as it lacks headroom, both with the level and gain controls. Max level = about the same as bypass. It's also nowhere near as flexible.

BOSS OD-20 Drive Zone :: Overview

That is it?

It's too big for what I intend to use it for and not quite the sort of thing I'm after. It looks pretty cool but I'm after compact size/simplicity/ease of use and that thing is overkill.

It's also bigger than 2 boss pedals and not far off the dimensions of some multi effects processors. Thanks for the info anyway.

OD-20

Width

173 mm

6-13/16 inches

Depth

158 mm

6-1/4 inches

Height

57 mm

2-1/4 inches

Weight

1.1 kg