aberdeen-music

Could you vanish for a month?

Chris

I've just been reading this great article on Wired about one of their writers who took up a challenge to vanish and start a new life for a month. Wired put up $5000 for anyone who managed to find him:

Writer Evan Ratliff Tried to Vanish: Here’s What Happened | Vanish | Wired.com

It's pretty cool how much effort a bunch of people sitting online went to just to find a journalist doing a magazine piece.

• Upvote 1

I have vague recollections of their being a game show something along the lines of this. It was a good 10-12 years ago now but contestants had to go on the run around the UK and survive for a week without being found. If members of the public saw them they had to contact the show where they would send out people to try and catch them.

It was all very Running Man. I think it was hosted by Ray Cokes...or Cohagen...or someone.

I have vague recollections of their being a game show something along the lines of this. It was a good 10-12 years ago now but contestants had to go on the run around the UK and survive for a week without being found. If members of the public saw them they had to contact the show where they would send out people to try and catch them.

It was all very Running Man. I think it was hosted by Ray Cokes...or Cohagen...or someone.

Was it not called Wanted?

Think it ran for 1 or 2 series and they had cameras out in real time during the live broadcast trying to catch the people. It was great.

It was called Wanted. I loved that show.

Wanted (game show) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ha ha, you're so old Kitey. Cohagen = best baddy ever.