aberdeen-music

Aliens Vs Predator demo

Teabags

I downloaded it on Xbox and had a quick go.

I say quick but it took ages for it to set up a match....I almost gave up.

I played as the Alien. The controls for climbing on the walls are a bit disorientating at first but soon found myself scurrying round jumping on people from the roof. Great fun.

The Marines seem to be weak as fuck and everytime I saw a Predator I just had to leg it.

Best bit are the grab moves. If you manage to do it you are treated to a cool cinematic style death scene from your characters POV.

The first time it happened I didn't know what was going on and found myself on the recieveing end of a gorgeous looking uppercut from a Predators retractable claw.

Yeah, the marine seems weak. I was getting merked by the predators constantly at close quarters, but at longer range the pulse rifle seems to fuck them up pretty good.

Is anyone else having problems picking weapons up? I don't really want to be standing still with my finger on the E key for too long.

Yeah, the marine seems weak. I was getting merked by the predators constantly at close quarters, but at longer range the pulse rifle seems to fuck them up pretty good.

Good, that's as it should be.

The marines are always piss-weak, they're only advantage is awesome firepower. It was the same in the previous two games.

Didn't realise this demo was out, definitely going to download it tonight.

I'm loving this demo (on 360) so far. Currently preferring the Alien out of the 3 species, I've not got the hang of Predator controls and the marine is just weak as fuck. Best kill so far was grabbing a marine and then ramming the Alien's tail through the back of his neck so it came out his mouth. Yass. Only real complaint is the matchmaking time. No idea how long it takes on other formats, but it's actually been taking around 5 minutes to set up a game for me on 360. On the plus side there seems to be no lag or glitches thus far, seriously looking forward to next Friday.

Unless the campaign is amazing, I ain't bothering.

Load times on PC are stupid. The game just seems to be loading constantly. Fair enough no lag, but jesus fucking christ, theres a load screen between starting a game and choosing which game type, what the fuck is that needed for? I'm a fuckign games tester, and if I was QA on this I'd be saying "jesus what the titty fucking christ is the point in that?"

Ended up in a game with just me as a Predator vs another Predator. He had a plasma caster and I couldnt find one when i spawned. Queue me seeing him with thermal vision, trying to get close, and getting blasted with one shot. Managed to kill him once with a lucky sneak from behind, got killed about 12 times. Fuckin ridiculous.

Alien is just dis-orientating. Perhaps it takes getting used to.

Actually didnt mind being a marine. Felt real. Found myself shitting it and quickly looking up at the roof and stuff, then blasted some cunts with the pulse rifle. But the controls and movement still feel clunky as fuck.

I had a quick go on the 360 demo at the weekend. It was ok, not a patch on the first two AvP games and the controls were sluggish. As a multiplayer FPS it's not going to distract me from Modern Warfare 2.

It'll need to get stellar reviews before I think about buying it.

I've no found any. But there better be one.

Also, there better be SMART guns. SMART guns are awesome. I would nail Vasquez AWAI!

Yeah, there's a smart gun and a rifle thing up the top of the map. Getting to it, picking it up, and turning round without getting eating is the trick!

Did you ever mistake her for a man?

• 4 weeks later...