aberdeen-music

Promo Shots - Photographer

CraigO

Alot of gig photographers I know of do it for free, for the sake of their own portfolio, but not on demand. Just if they are at the gig, and it's bands they like and you're lucky enough to be on the same bill.

i'll let bands i know or like use photos i've taken at gigs for free, but that's only if i've done it off my own back because i'm interested in the band.

i just get annoyed when folk are actively looking for professional services for free when they wouldn't give their services for free.

i just get annoyed when folk are actively looking for professional services for free when they wouldn't give their services for free.

If you don't buy a ticket you won't win the raffle. Seems like a fair request to me. A lot of up and comers would jump at the chance of expanding their portfolio and having the opportunity to organise shoot as practice for when they launch themselves as pros. I'm sure this band (if they're nice enough people) would in turn do something for the person who takes their photaes if they get the chance. That's how the local music scene should work... I scratch your back you scratch mine kinda thing.

I count two clichs in that paragraph, yas!

Fair point, do you think we could apply the same rule/logic to the folk on the equipment threads?

There's a few bits and bob being sold I'd quite like, if they were free I could afford them... alternatively if folk want to pay me to take photos I could afford them... :p

Maybe you could offer somebody photo services in exchange for their equipment.

Guest Gladstone
How comes only Sunday? :(

I've often done work for unsigned bands without them needing to pay but will be in Glasgow most of Sunday!

No wonder you went bust.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...