aberdeen-music

New York Dolls play Carling Fest!

Guest scott cs.

My Morning Jacket aren't playing Reading anymore :down:

From there website -

"Due to circumstances beyond My Morning Jacket's control, the following shows have been postponed: 07/04 Diksmuide - 08/20 Tilburg - 8/21 Pukkelpop - 08/25 Aberdeen - 08/26 Edinburgh - 08/28 Reading - 08/29 Leeds We hope to reschedule the shows as soon as possible."

Was annoying that they were playing Aberdeen on the day I leave for Reading festival but hopefully now this means I can see them at the lemon tree when they reschedule.

The Subways, le Tigre, Mohair, Mr Mojo and Secret Machines are all new additions to the carling stage as well.

The Carling Stage lineup will look like this

Friday

Kasabian

The Shins

Mclusky

Danko Jones

The living Things

My Red Cell

Pretty Girls Make Graves

The Departure

The Subways

Terra Diablo

Pink Grease

The gliterrati (12.30)

Infrasound

Saturday

Mark Lanegan

Mondo generator

Roxy Saint

Blanche

le Tigre

The Features

TV on The Radio (4pm)

The Duke Spirit

Do me bad things

The 45s

Autolux

Agent Blue

Riff Random

Mohair

Sunday

The Kills

The Soundtrack of our lives

Devendra Banhart

The Others

Amplifier

Secret Machines

The Cribs

Sons and Daughters

The Golden Virgins

Kaiser Chiefs

Madrugada

yourcodenameis:milo

10,000 Things

Mr Mojo

Guest scott cs.

"The Subways, le Tigre, Mohair, Mr Mojo and Secret Machines ..."

anyone wish to explain what these bands sound like? only band i've heard outta them is Le Tigre and thats coz allstardawn likes them.

NEW YORK DOLLS bassist ARTHUR KILLER KANE has died aged 55.

Kane had been part of the reformed line-up who played a number of shows in the UK over the summer' date=' including gigs at the London Royal Festival Hall as part of the Morrissey curated Meltdown event.

NME.COM understands that Kane didnt play the bands show at the Move festival over the weekend in Manchester due to illness.

Its reported that the bassist died (July 13) due to complications from leukemia.

The New York Dolls are cited as one of the most influential punk bands of all time, and a huge influence on UK punk including the Sex Pistols.

Their recent shows have been greeted warmly by critics and fans alike, with the band playing songs including 'Personality Crisis', 'Jet Boy' and 'Trash'.

They are also the most recent additions to this years Carling Weekend: Reading And Leeds Festivals following the cancellation of The Vines. Its currently unclear if they will still play this show.[/quote']

:(

ivepostedahugequoteletmepostatinyreplytosaidquoteyoubaistard