aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
qzdiablo

Mr Peppermint, Carson Wells, Min Diesel, Y Change Costume @ Cellar 35, 12th February

MR PEPPERMINT - myspace.com/mrmrpeppermint

A guitar/drums duo from glasgow whose angsty, anxious effects-laden songs are comparable to the music of Liars, Deerhunter, Sonic Youth, maybe late90s/early00s Radiohead even. These guys both used to be in a band called Hyena, who came up here a few times in the past couple of years, they were pretty good.

CARSON WELLS - myspace.com/guyguyrock

This band cite Don Cabellero, Foals and This Town Needs Guns as influences but the mad technical skillz on show in the live performances of their "mathed-up indie jams" will impress all comers.

MIN DIESEL - myspace.com/mindieseluk

Forever overshadowed by the renown of the suit and the suite, this three-piece resorted to drawing upon the musical hallmarks of bands like Sebadoh, Pavement and Stapleton and putting together some tunes.

Y CHANGE COSTUME - myspace.com\ychangecostume

Imagine if Gang Of Four and Lightning Bolt had a child together and then that child grew up and then went and battered me for lazily deploying terrible music-journalist cliches to promote gigs. The ensuing carnage would sound a lot like this band at work.

I believe there'll be someone playing awesome records between the bands too. Righteous.

FRIDAY 12th FEBRUARY

CELLAR 35

8PM, 4 ENTRY (18+ only, plskthx)

QZ, just the one 'e' in our Wells. :)

oops. i can't believe i never noticed that. like even before this gig was arranged i thought that's how it was spelt. i watched "no country for old men" at least 20 times for my dissertation! if only i read the book...

i can't manually edit the first post, for some reason. i'll kindly ask a moderator to change the spelling, as well as add the information that the fantastic Y CHANGE COSTUME are playing.

nice poster dave.

i would really like to see CW again. 'spesh at cellar. this is the evening of my dissertation hand in though; so i will either be in bed crying/at this.

tentatively:

8.30-9pm - min diesel

9.15-9.45pm - y change costume

10-10.30pm - mr peppermint

10.45-11.15pm - carson wells

tentatively

Just getting round to giving Mr Peppermint a listen. They sound tip-fucking-top!

This is a great bill; pity I'm missing out.

I would like enough people to come to this to see Cellar packed out again. Such a good venue.

Something like this would do:

My flatmate's coming down with me and the missus for this, it's his first ever 'diy gig' as such. it's all he's been talking about for the past week.

i'm looking forward to seeing y change costume for the first time as well

Who wants to come out and get shit faced with me and Cap'n Euan post-game?

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the bands on this bill, but especially Carson Wells!

Who wants to come out and get shit faced with me and Cap'n Euan post-game?

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the bands on this bill, but especially Carson Wells!

I'm a funny drunk, entertainment is guaranteed.