aberdeen-music

Come shout for us!

Soda Jerk

Now then.

4 of us make a heap of racket, but none of us are singers. That's where YOU come in. We need someone to make some ghastly noises with their throat.

We're aiming towards brash, sludgy raucous noises like the Melvins, early-Pumpkins, late-Black Flag, High On Fire, Pelican, Unsane...

There's a couple of instrumental demos here:

DROSS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Give the jams a spin. If you think you've got a set of pipes that would fit, get in touch and we'll jam.

I dig Eyehategod. That'd fit pretty well.

As for jamming, we're still in the writing process, and only have those 2 songs as it stands, so we wouldn't really need you to be at every practice for a good few weeks, although you'd be welcome to come down and have a shout whenever. I'll be recording demos of the tracks as we write them, so you'd be able to keep up to date!

I dig Eyehategod. That'd fit pretty well.

As for jamming, we're still in the writing process, and only have those 2 songs as it stands, so we wouldn't really need you to be at every practice for a good few weeks, although you'd be welcome to come down and have a shout whenever. I'll be recording demos of the tracks as we write them, so you'd be able to keep up to date!

Great man sounds good. Pm me or facebook me or put a message in a bottle and dump it in the north sea with the next jam times and so on and I'll see if I can manage it to see how my grunts and farts fit.

Big Melvins,High On Fire fan aswell so it shall be good.

My lyrics tend to lean between interstellar psychedlic nihilism to general guffaws at social posh that I hate.

When I listened to those tunes my thought was that they would be complimented nicely by Nick Cave/David Yow style vocals.

But hey, what do I know?

I agree. David Yow especially, but it's so difficult to find such unique vocalists, who can create such a sound filled with pure anguish without just screaming. I'm all for a bit of pained screaming too, though.

Decent!

Great name too. If the thing with Calum doesn't work I could be game. I think I could warp my voice to fit to what's going on. Different for sure - always good.

I think I prefer Mein Kampfsite out of the 2 tunes. The guitar parts are less 'straightforward' or something.

I agree. David Yow especially, but it's so difficult to find such unique vocalists, who can create such a sound filled with pure anguish without just screaming. I'm all for a bit of pained screaming too, though.

I can't sing tunefully to save my life but I can give my japper a paper cut and see where that takes me.

The guy from Alien Ant Farm used to put something on his scrotum that made it burn so he could hit the high notes.

It makes me want to cross my legs.

The bassist or the lead singer? They both hit some pretty mean highs! I actually like everything I've heard by AAF. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed by that or not.

The bassist or the lead singer? They both hit some pretty mean highs! I actually like everything I've heard by AAF. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed by that or not.

Dyden Mitchell, I think it was (the singer). I fucked loved AAF. One of my favourite ever albums was (and sort of still is) ANThology. Totally corny and lame but awesome band.

Wasn't it something to do with being bezzie mates with Papa Roach?

I don't know why I know these things about Alien Ant Farm.

Yeah. They were the first band signed to his label. They were signed after their self released EP, titled "Greatest Hits" (Quite humourously, i thought)

They were also in a pretty crazy coach crash that made national news, I remember.

Some people in this thread seem to be mistaking AAF for a band. Some crazy fools are even mistaking them for a "good" band. I can only presume that there's too much fluoride in the water.

The only good thing about AAF is that if their videos come on tv, you can tell they're shite even with the sound off.

Gah.