aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
waltz

nous aimons danser - music blog

Hello

nous aimons danser

Looking for people to contribute to this music blog. I'm unlikely to put up reviews of music I don't personally enjoy (it's my blog, kay?), but if you happen to know me and have the same fussy tastes, or want to write about a book, film, photograph, or whatfuckingever you fancy, then contribute! Can send stuff by e-mail and if it's good, I'll stick it up.

Alternatively, please enjoy reading/looking/swearing at it.

thanks.

Thought it was easy on the eye, and a solid start on the reviews....just needs more of the same, I suppose (although I imagine I'm far from your 'target' audience!).

Thought it was easy on the eye, and a solid start on the reviews....just needs more of the same, I suppose (although I imagine I'm far from your 'target' audience!).

No, far from it. I have no particular target audience, to be honest. And as a dedicated independent musician and buyer of records, if there was a target audience, you'd be included.

Just updated this to give people a friendly nudge towards my friend Tom Gilbert, he's a rather good songsmith.

Aye, I bookmarked this when you put it up. My writing chops aren't up to much however, so I don't think I really could really contribute at all.

I wouldnt mind having a go at writing a couple of things, will try and get something of someform off to you tonight.

Great! PM or send it as a message on facebook, probably easiest.

I was wanting to read any reviews you'd done there because I do the same for Drowned In Sound and also I remembered your end of year doo-dah for Is This Music and thought it was well written, and the same goes for your Los Campesinos review. Not that I'm judging it in any music writerly way or anything, it just reads well to me. I've now realised I've seen you commenting on a mutual aquaintance's page on facebook n all.

If you're a person that thinks "ooh, Owls! I liked the record Owls made. I wonder if anyone else remembers liking them lots?" then the answer is yes. See for yourself on the bloggington.

Still looking for contributors. I would say that I welcome all demos and EPs etc from local bands but be warned, I'm brutally honest.

I have also bookmarked this site. Again it needs more articles more often otherwise it loses it's interest a bit. I realise that folk may have little spare time but I think starting something like this and not keeping it fresh may just end up with folk tuning out which is a shame...

This isn't intended as criticism by the way so please don't take offence, I've just seen sites I've enjoyed in the past fade away....and it would be interesting to see these kind of things flourish around these parts.

I'm also quite liking the Flares n Seagulls site, although it is definitely geared to folk of a certain age and biased towards classic punk and ska a bit.

I have also bookmarked this site. Again it needs more articles more often otherwise it loses it's interest a bit. I realise that folk may have little spare time but I think starting something like this and not keeping it fresh may just end up with folk tuning out which is a shame...

Yeah, I'm trying to write more often, and trying to get other people to write for it too, so there's always something new to read.

Tonight, I 'reviewed' Valentine's Day. Rebuttal from Nefarious C to follow, hopefully.

This has now been updated with meditations on Union Terrace Gardens and y'know, anti-depressants. More music? Yeah, sure.

that's the kind of blog I'd read. good view on the gardens.

Thanks!

There's now a podcast with songs by Mr Peppermint, Hanoi Janes, Modest Mouse and Big Boi! and erm, two other mystery songs.

Would anyone with a sexy/interesting voice and recording equipment like to lend 2 seconds of audio for a little project? Thanks.

i'll do it. we never got to record any beautiful music together those times we bashed out some tunes, contributing my rich, sensuous baritone to a recording project of yrs would be the next best thing i suppose...

All anyone has to do is say "Nous Aimons Danser" (nooz ay-mon dawn-say) in a clear voice. Trying to get lots of people to say it and I'll make an AWESOME mix of all the samples to make a totally rad introduction for my podcasts. Just record it, upload on a host site and share the link in a PM, or email to euandavidson91@hotmail.com

Looking at you, Stu.

Oh Scarlett.

There is no such thing as an inappropriate use of a Scarlett Johansson picture.