aberdeen-music

Scottish Recording Studio Help?

CraigO

Hmmm, not sure Chem's the best place for the sort of music you do. They're brilliant with indie/folk/twee but maybe Maybank studios in Glasgow is a much better fit for you. And Matt Harvey is one switched-on guy. Very reasonably priced too for the quality of the tunes we got done.

That's my tuppence worth anyway.

Take A Worm For A Walk Week did their record at Chem 19 - it's certainly worth looking into, at least!

i would advise against exile studio, had a recording done there, took all day to do one song(not even tracked) and the mix we got on the day was better than the one we got from the guy a few weeks later.......he showed us some of the stuff hed done with other bands that was sounding good, but i think maybe he didnt know much about the general style we play (progressive death metal )...so if your doing something heavier id avoid.

Take A Worm For A Walk Week did their record at Chem 19 - it's certainly worth looking into, at least!

I'd also recommend Chem 19 Craig. I think I told you to listen to Take A Worm for a Walk Week a while ago; check out their stuff again as the sound is pretty epic. Not sure where Desalvo did there's but that is also incredible...

I'd also recommend Chem 19 Craig. I think I told you to listen to Take A Worm for a Walk Week a while ago; check out their stuff again as the sound is pretty epic. Not sure where Desalvo did there's but that is also incredible...

Is Chem19 the RockAction studio? Where ever the RA studio is where Desalvo did their's I think. Apparently it only took 3 days or something.

YAS.

Seagate in Dundee is closer and the clicky kick will sit fine with your band I'd imagine.