aberdeen-music

WTD ESP Explorer

Analog Kid

Hi! i can get one but its a bolt on and i am not used with that type of neck construction .Neck thru would be great but set neck is extremely good for me at present. Bit hesitant going he Gibson route for the obvious reasons ie quality control and inflated prices.

ps: any good alternatives to the esp explorer? heard Ran were very good?

Looking for a set neck mx 250 esp explorer, not to bothered about the colour or the guitar being in pristine condition .

I've only seen one in Aberdeen and it belongs to a friend of mine. Lovely guitar (his is snow White (yet has yellowed considerably so the vintage White will go very yellow very quickly)).

Hi! i can get one but its a bolt on and i am not used with that type of neck construction .Neck thru would be great but set neck is extremely good for me at present. Bit hesitant going he Gibson route for the obvious reasons ie quality control and inflated prices.

ps: any good alternatives to the esp explorer? heard Ran were very good?

There isn't technically such a thing as a bolt-on MX-250. That would be the older model 'EXP' if it is the ESP and there is the LTD MX-130.

To get a neck thru ESP Explorer, that'd be a custom order and would cost easily over 3000.

Inflated prices as far as Gibson is something to maybe forget as ESP are getting as bad. An MX-250 will run normally about 2500 new to get it into the country after customs and shipping (you'd maybe get a hardcase included at that price too - they don't sell them with one in Japan which is the only place they're available).

To find one that isn't beaten up 2nd hand you'll still be easily over 1000.

As for alternatives, RAN are good but not to the same quality level as the ESP. A USA Dean Z would probably be the best bet. That, or a USA Jackson Kelly.

well alternatives are either a dean but they are bolt on, or an epiphone which tbh arent bad, i used to want the gothic explorer so tried it out at many shops, all felt amazing...

but i thought the LTD 250 had neck through?

The Deans are set neck.

The MX-250 is a custom shop ESP model, not an LTD. :up:

Gibson explorer would be a lot better choice than dean or epiphone ones,or maybe a 76 reissue or the ellusive hetfield 84 explorer?

A USA made Dean (Z if it's an Explorer shape you want) will be every bit as good as a 1976 reissue Gibson Explorer.

The 1984 reissue looks good, but alot seemed rushed in the sense of finish flaws etc.

Good luck :)

yeh either of them, but are you sure you have the money for a gibson? haha

As said above, I wouldn't worry about the costs for the Gibson when the ESP is so much more ;)