aberdeen-music

Digital Piano / Keyboard

ickle fairy

I'm looking for advice on a digital piano / keyboard (I'm not too sure about the difference!)

Basically, I want to get back into playing piano but living in a flat means I can't have one even if I did have the space! I'm looking at getting something electronic that I could get into the flat but nothing *too* fancy. Preferably I would like a full size keyboard with weighted keys and perhaps the ability to connect to my computer but other than that I don't really mind. Looking to spend up to 500 so if you have any ideas please let me know!

I'm looking for advice on a digital piano / keyboard (I'm not too sure about the difference!)

Basically, I want to get back into playing piano but living in a flat means I can't have one even if I did have the space! I'm looking at getting something electronic that I could get into the flat but nothing *too* fancy. Preferably I would like a full size keyboard with weighted keys and perhaps the ability to connect to my computer but other than that I don't really mind. Looking to spend up to 500 so if you have any ideas please let me know!

M-Audio ProKeys 88 Hammer-Action Premium Stage Piano | Dolphin Music Good value for money.

Speaking to the chaps down at Bruce Millers is a good bet, even if you don't buy from them. I got my digital piano couple years ago after checking it out from Bruce Millers, then buying it from Denmark (or at least my mum did as it was a present, and it could be guaranteed quicker from Denmark than anywhere in Scotland...bizzarre yes).

But mines a Casio px-320, which is a digital piano, but can also do everything a keyboard would also do. It cost just on the 500 mark. And its full size, weighted and all such piano stuff and connectable to a computer.

Really, just have a chat with the guys in the shops, say what you're after, price range and all that, and they'll be able to point you in the right direction. Also, I live in a flat, top floor, and I don't bother anyone with playing.

Just in my oppinion, digital piano is the much better idea than a keyboard.

The thing about buying online or abroad is,if it breaks you have to send it back and pay shipping.Go to Brucies and chat to them,i'm sure they will do you a good deal,their sale is still on too!Oh and the m audio is ace,i've heard one in action!

Get one with weighted keys if you want to play piano. Do a google search and check out the reviews of all the keyboards around that price and then decide.

I'd say it is worth checking out both digital pianos and stage pianos. Check the difference...

This is a stage piano:

KORG_SP250_StagePiano.jpg

This is a digital piano:

Technics%20Digital%20Piano%20SX-PC25.jpg

They are the same thing really apart from the design which depends on your requirements, say you wanted to join a band playing keys then you'd want something more portable so you go for the stage. Or if you don't want to or need to move it or put it away then probably just as well with the digital.

Aye, good point. Not recommending buying abroad, just what I ended up doing. Just worth going into talk to Bruce Millers, even if you choose to buy online or another shop, as the man does know what hes talking about.

The woman knows what she's talking too!

Thanks guys!

I will go into a couple of shops and have a play around but just wanted to see what opinions people had on here before I did so I wasn't totally clueless :)

Do some reading on the internet too, check out the main brands and look at reviews. Other people who have tried the ones you are interested in will give you a good idea as to the pros and cons.

Have fun!!