aberdeen-music

iPad about cos iRestless

So, I've checked the specs and banter about the new device, and have 2 main thoughts;

1) The machine itself looks ace, but seems underpowered and not connectable, plus no multitasking wtf. on the other hand

2) It could be the start of a whole new generation of touchscreen enabled digital instruments, with new interesting ways of triggering, a virtual slide guitar instantly springs to mind, not to mention keys and drums. I feel that the digital revolution is yet young, and that new ways of access will create innovation, much like the Wii has done in gaming, except that this is music, and as such, actually important.

So the start of innovation, if not yet the tools required for the job, maybe 2nd or 3rd gen will be IT.

Im looking at it as basically a large itouch,

the main selling points seem to be the kindle type e-book feature, and the new apple bookstore thats opening,

but you can get e-books on the itouch/phone.

i think its more of a product that will benefit old people opposed to teens/20's

if you need to multitask, get a Mac,

Need to multitask on the move? get a macbook/pro

need an organiser for around the house? Get an ipad

need an organiser/phone on the move? get the itouch/phone.

The ipad does look cool though,

So, I've checked the specs and banter about the new device, and have 2 main thoughts;

1) The machine itself looks ace, but seems underpowered and not connectable, plus no multitasking wtf. on the other hand

2) It could be the start of a whole new generation of touchscreen enabled digital instruments, with new interesting ways of triggering, a virtual slide guitar instantly springs to mind, not to mention keys and drums. I feel that the digital revolution is yet young, and that new ways of access will create innovation, much like the Wii has done in gaming, except that this is music, and as such, actually important.

So the start of innovation, if not yet the tools required for the job, maybe 2nd or 3rd gen will be IT.

I think also, a great deal of the innovation happens as the cost drops. Evident in the home recording market.

But what about attending to the criticism? It's been almost a decade, and iPods still sound like shit.

Unbelievably, they've actually been getting worse not better. My 512MB 1st gen shuffle sounds terrific. Obviously, I don't get to listen to a lot of album and I'm amazed the battery still holds out but I have lovely rich bass sound.

I can't believe they're comparing this to Kindle when it's nothing like Kindle. It's a tablet PC. Anyone else comparing their tablet PC to Kindle? No, and that's because it's stupid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...