aberdeen-music

THESE MONSTERS + JACKIE TREEHORN + Cobra Kai + The Minettes = Sat 13 March

The Ghost Of Fudge

Fudge - DJs & Promoters on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads present:

SATURDAY 13th MARCH 2010

THE MOORINGS BAR

8pm-1am, 3 door, 18+ only

THESE MONSTERS

JACKIE TREEHORN

COBRA KAI

THE MINETTES

220fnfly.jpg

THESE MONSTERS - MUSIC VIDEO ON OUR PAGE NOW! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

"creating frequently cacophonous and consistently transfixing songs, they rock like proper nutjobs in a manner that's wilfully experimental but never pretentious. Their growing reputation for putting on one hell of a live show is richly deserved" - Rock Sound Magazine

"Time has frozen as witnesses halt in their tracks, intoxicated by the heady miasma of post-rock resonance, both comforting and devastating." - The Fly Magazine

Jackie Treehorn on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Heavy, loud and atmospheric, riff laden prog rock noise, taking influences from 70's progressive rock, stoner and post-rock amongst many others. An amazingly good live act with charisma and ability in abundance.

Cobra Kai on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cobra Kai play grungy, spacey, electronic-influenced rock. They've been playing regular gigs in Aberdeen for a couple of years, so I'm sure y'all must know about them by now. If not, click the link: easy!

The Minettes on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The Minettes, on the otherhand, are making their bar debut. Lady-fronted indie-rock outfit formed in early 2009 with the aim of bringing something entirely new and inspiring onto their local music scene.

Tough call for me on this one... that day is my 21st Birthday, so might head to Moorings for some drinks. I have exams 9th and 11th March so will be a relief... however I also have an exam on ether 16th or 17th March as well, and given I usually start revising 3 days before an exam, night out + hangover = 1/3rd of revision time gone :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is going to be effing brilliant! ......if it was'nt for a gig in the rock n'roll mecca that is KIRRIEMUIR ( eek ) then the "Dead Heirs" would be "Dead....THERE!!"........that was rubbish....i felt like Zane Lowe for a second.

However everyone i know - knows theyre gonna get their faces melted in the Moorings this weekend!! :up:

D / H