aberdeen-music

Would you Rock on a Wednesday?

djcaptain

Could do with a decent night out on a Wednesday. Wednesday ends in a Y so I have to go out anyway...

I'd head along. As long as drinks are cheap and the musics decent, this could be a good laugh. If enough people were to go along, would it be in both rooms? The more successful rock orientated nights I've been to use 2 rooms, one for heavier and one for lighter music. The problem with "rock" is that it's such a huge genre, you can get metrostation fans and cryptopsy fans having to listen to each others music on rock nights in order to accommodate everyone. Obviously this would only be possible if there was enough people, but just a thought.

Also, another chance for bands to showcase themselves can only really be a good thing.

Could do with a decent night out on a Wednesday. Wednesday ends in a Y so I have to go out anyway...

I'd head along. As long as drinks are cheap and the musics decent, this could be a good laugh. If enough people were to go along, would it be in both rooms? The more successful rock orientated nights I've been to use 2 rooms, one for heavier and one for lighter music. The problem with "rock" is that it's such a huge genre, you can get metrostation fans and cryptopsy fans having to listen to each others music on rock nights in order to accommodate everyone. Obviously this would only be possible if there was enough people, but just a thought.

Also, another chance for bands to showcase themselves can only really be a good thing.

We have still to work out the finer details, but bringing in a crowd is something i would be hellbent on doing. But can i just say that your points are actually amazing and i wish more people would see how difficult it is to class what is rock these days.

We have still to work out the finer details, but bringing in a crowd is something i would be hellbent on doing. But can i just say that your points are actually amazing and i wish more people would see how difficult it is to class what is rock these days.

Yeah min, starting a rock night up is no mean feat. Either way, if theres anything i can do to help, let me know :up: