aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
djcaptain

Would you Rock on a Wednesday?

Was just putting the feelers out to see if anyone would go to a rock night on a wednesday? i know its a popular night with students but iam not sure how many are into rock music.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you :)

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Are we talking bands or a club night? Bands yes, club night no.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Are we talking bands or a club night? Bands yes, club night no.

we are thinking doing bands and then having a club night after it

say like bands 8pm to 11pm

and then club 11pm to 2am

Then I'd watch the bands then leave :) which venue is this?

Then I'd watch the bands then leave :) which venue is this?

Yeah no worries, i think it would be good if people made the effort to just come down for bands. The tunnels :)

we are thinking doing bands and then having a club night after it

say like bands 8pm to 11pm

and then club 11pm to 2am

I would come along and see bands, if they were any good.

Could do with a decent night out on a Wednesday. Wednesday ends in a Y so I have to go out anyway...

I'd head along. As long as drinks are cheap and the musics decent, this could be a good laugh. If enough people were to go along, would it be in both rooms? The more successful rock orientated nights I've been to use 2 rooms, one for heavier and one for lighter music. The problem with "rock" is that it's such a huge genre, you can get metrostation fans and cryptopsy fans having to listen to each others music on rock nights in order to accommodate everyone. Obviously this would only be possible if there was enough people, but just a thought.

Also, another chance for bands to showcase themselves can only really be a good thing.

Could do with a decent night out on a Wednesday. Wednesday ends in a Y so I have to go out anyway...

I'd head along. As long as drinks are cheap and the musics decent, this could be a good laugh. If enough people were to go along, would it be in both rooms? The more successful rock orientated nights I've been to use 2 rooms, one for heavier and one for lighter music. The problem with "rock" is that it's such a huge genre, you can get metrostation fans and cryptopsy fans having to listen to each others music on rock nights in order to accommodate everyone. Obviously this would only be possible if there was enough people, but just a thought.

Also, another chance for bands to showcase themselves can only really be a good thing.

We have still to work out the finer details, but bringing in a crowd is something i would be hellbent on doing. But can i just say that your points are actually amazing and i wish more people would see how difficult it is to class what is rock these days.

We have still to work out the finer details, but bringing in a crowd is something i would be hellbent on doing. But can i just say that your points are actually amazing and i wish more people would see how difficult it is to class what is rock these days.

Yeah min, starting a rock night up is no mean feat. Either way, if theres anything i can do to help, let me know :up:

Yeah min, starting a rock night up is no mean feat. Either way, if theres anything i can do to help, let me know :up:

Thank you very much :) its always good to have help.