aberdeen-music

The best Scottish bands - another list

nick_radar

Scotsman.com today published a list of the ten best Scottish bands of the Noughties. It's caused a bit of a stir on Twitter already, so be good to hear what people think.

Reader nominations will be added to a public vote for the overall people's favourite.

The best Scottish bands of the Noughties - Scotsman.com

That's a pointless, safe list that might as well be called 'The best Scottish bands of the Nineties', since the vast majority of those in the list released their best work then... I know they're still making music, but by that definition you could call The Who the best British band of the Noughties!!!

I'd have put Life Without Buildings in there for a start, incredibly influential (and my favourite band!). And, though I don't like them personally, Biffy Clyro would have been a good shout, based on how influential to a lot of people there are/their commercial success.

Prml Scrm were so fucking good that I don't care what decade they belong to.

Fixed that one for you. They are so good when they aren't pretending to be the Stones, that it right fucks me off when they waste time and creative energy at the Nellcote* vibe. And as an Ultra Stones fan I hate any pale attempts at that majesty anyway.

*How do you add foreign stress symbols anyway.

They should unite as the Corriekrankies, and release an album based on the life of Sawney Bean....but made only using samples of sounds gleaned from coastal vegetation.

I'd buy that!

I know one of the Corries has popped his sporran, but his contribution would be very valuable, nevertheless. The wee kranky ladyboy could rattle his bones and put any remaining squidgy bits from a coffin into a blender...the resulting sample would be great.

That's a pointless, safe list that might as well be called 'The best Scottish bands of the Nineties', since the vast majority of those in the list released their best work then... I know they're still making music, but by that definition you could call The Who the best British band of the Noughties!!!

I'd have put Life Without Buildings in there for a start, incredibly influential (and my favourite band!). And, though I don't like them personally, Biffy Clyro would have been a good shout, based on how influential to a lot of people there are/their commercial success.

I've only recently heard this band, but they are great. Dunno if I could listen to the whole album with Sue's voice, but the odd song or four sits fine with me.

Guest idol_wild
listen to it more that's what everyone says when they first hear them!

It's true. I did. Then the penny dropped and I realised that they are one of the most perfect bands to ever exist.